chapter eleven.

A/N: This is the start of a double update, eeeek, I hope you enjoy!!

-

"They must be having the time of their lives."

I slammed the car door shut, not purposely though enough for Harry to side eye me as he got out on his side. "Oh yeah, because bein' at the restaurant for the entire night would be such a blast." He had a point, it would've been awfully boring and I already knew that if we had been stuck there too, the sight wouldn't have been a pretty one.

Harry locked the door of the car as I began my pace down the pathway leading to the front door. He parked his car where it had been before, not in the driveway, but at the very front of the house. I snagged the key out of my bag, fitting it into the doorknob and swinging it open.

No noise. No nagging. Comfortable silence.

"This is when the house is at its peak." I chimed, looking over my shoulder slightly to see Harry making his way up. "When nobody else is in it?" He suggested, shutting the door behind him and making sure it was locked. Nodding my head profusely, I answered, "Definitely. You can hear yourself think, that's how quiet it is. I love it."

I could only imagine what the rest of them would all be doing, if they were still living the night away or making their way home. All I knew, was that I didn't want to be in range for when they chose to walk in through the door. "I'm probably going to call it a night, get changed and ready for bed, all that good stuff," I told Harry as he placed his wallet and keys onto the table next to him, "but seriously, thankyou for tonight. I can't even tell you properly how much I appreciate it and- well, I really owe you one. If you ever need anything, I'm your girl."

The enthusiastic spring of my tone immediately vanished as I realised what I'd said. A minor slip of the tongue that would hinder my mind right when all I wanted to do was let sleep have it's way with me. The honey light from outside had been enough to fill the room, which created the cast of a shadow sprawling itself across Harry's face, the sharp peak of his jaw becoming very noticeable. His slightly tanned skin looking even warmer as the artificial light washed upon him. He had the faintest smirk playing on his lips, "I'll hold you to that." A part of me sat in angst, hoping he'd brushed off the words that horrifyingly slipped from my tongue, though the other part of me wanted to hear some sought of acknowledgment.

Letting out a shaky laugh, I dropped my eyes from his hold. The insides of my mind felt like fairy floss flowers and sweet candy suckers. It sickened me, disgusted me truly, because this had not been how I built myself. I knew better than to let myself get wrapped up in sweet words and magnetic eyes, I knew a lot better. Quickly, I swung around, walking only a few steps until I reached the staircase, in which my hand hovered over the side as I stepped up each one.

Standing before my room, I could hear the faint steps of Harry making his way up too, felt his presence brush past me as I entered my bedroom and shut the door.

"Are you crazy? Yeah, you are, you're fucking crazy."

I angrily whispered to myself as I stood in front of my mirror, harshly pulling at the zip of my boots, ripping them off quickly and throwing them into the corner. "Stop being so stupid, seriously, for the love of god. I beg of you, get it together." Shimmying the skirt off of my hips and letting it drop to pool around my feet, I unbuttoned my shirt as I threw it from my body.

Pulling open the drawers in front of me, I grabbed my oversized 'choose life' t-shirt and threw it on. I then made my way over to the vacant bathroom, thankful that Harry wasn't in there so that I could have more of a chance of not being awake when my parents arrived home. I slid across the cupboard, locating my trusty facial cleanser and squirted it into my hands, rubbing it over every inch of my face as I stared myself down in the mirror. My bare feet cold on the tiled floor, I bent over, turning on the tap and splashing water all over my face as I washed away the remnants of the white foam.