Chapter 45: Sad

Edric's P.O.V.

As the scroll effortlessly floats in front of us, I watch videos of humor. Trying to uplift Hunter's mood. He just always seems so... Sad. When we first met, I thought he was just a grouchy who might open up soon. I don't think that's it. After all these hints about Belos, I don't think so. He just seems sad. Whenever I see him, I feel like there are hints of sad. When he was talking about how he's never fallen in love, he sounded sad. And as I glance over to him a few times, he still looks like he's sad. Even a little bit.

Don't know if it's a good idea to talk to him about it. Actually, he hasn't laughed at the videos I put on. Even Amity laughs at some of the clips I show her. "Hunter. Is there anything you want to watch?" He just glances at me but back at the screen before answering. "I'm fine. I wouldn't know what to watch." 

"You could choose anything. C'mon!" I have an arm around his shoulder, but I notice he looks at the hand touching him. He looks uncomfortable, so I take my hand away. "I don't need the distractions. I'll just be outside and practicing some glyphs." Oh no. I didn't mean to make him uncomfortable if I did.

He grabs the papers, book and pencil before heading out and that's when I see Amity on the screen, calling me again. "Amity! How's it going?" Amity waves with a smile but asks me instead of answering. "Where's Hunter?" "He's outside right now." She sighs as if relieved. "Do you still like him? Because if you do, you should stay away. He's bad news." I just look at her annoyed. "Trust me. He's not as bad as you think. You don't know what he's like when we're alone." 

"WE'RE HERE!" I hear Luz yelling outside, so I take the scroll with me out into the open and see the three on the staff. "Luz, careful you're gonna fall!" And Luz who's losing some balance on the staff falls off and onto the ground. Luckily not too high but not low either.

"Luz!" I can hear the concern in Amity's voice, even in knowing she'd be okay. I walk to help her but noticing Hunter acting frantic while flipping pages before possibly making a specific glyph or note. Then he rushes over to us with the piece of paper, specifically to Luz. I look to Amity who sends him a glare as she's protective of Luz. Then he places the piece of paper on her knee, as that has a noticable scrape. Hard to tell if it'll bleed later or not.

It must've been a healing glyph because once he taps it, she moves her leg without the small pained noises. Wouldn't have needed to be a strong spell. A scrape is still a scrape. Amity now just looks unsure but she'd still of course be cautious.

(How is it? Hope the healing will play a part in their sibling relationship)