for bad luck

JAKE

Today is the most important day of my life. Everyone's eyes would be on me. My family, friends and especially scouts from my dream university. I can't afford to give a lacklustre performance against our rivals. Against Geonu. We might have made up but we're still rivals and I know he will never go easy on me.

I stood in the middle of the locker room as my teammates looked up at me attentively. Coach stood by the side, having just gave a pep talk of his own.

"I'm sure you guys know just how important this game is. Not just for me but for all of you."

They nodded firmly and I continued.

"College and Uni scouts are out there and if you want to secure that scholarship you dream of, what should you do?"

"Show our best!", They rallied as one but I wasn't happy with it.

"Come on! Is that the loudest you can do?! What should we do out there?!"

"Show our best and be victorious!", They shouted as one louder than before. I nodded, satisfied with it.

"Remember the game plan. Stick to it and never go against it. Understood?"

"Yes captain!"

"Let's go beat their ass!"

"Yeah!"

I smirked, confidence at an all time high with all my teammates looking up to me. But I felt something bad is going to happen. The grim feeling stuck with me as we stride out to the pitch where almost a thousand spectators watched on, from parents to students to my cute boyfriend.

"Jaeyun!", his sweet voice made my ears perk as I found him near the bleachers with Jungwon, waving at me with a big smile. I waved back with my own big smile and winked at him as his cheeks flushed.

"Our boyfriends actually came to give us the motivation we needed.", In Yeop said with a chuckle. I chuckled back, finding us quite lucky to be taken by our respective boyfriends.

We got into our positions as did the rival team. I met in the middle with their captain which was surprisingly, Geonu. He smirked as we approached each other.

"I'm going to beat your ass, Jakey.", he teased me with a smile.

I smirked back and shrugged.

"I guess we'll see who'll beat who's ass."

The referee flipped a coin and it landed on heads, meaning my team went first. I shook Geonu's hand with the same strength as he did. Come on Shim Jaeyun, get your game on.

Me and In Yeop kicked off and the game got underway. We dominated possession the first ten minutes, just passing around, trying to exploit the spaces to move in. I saw an empty lane in the defence and quickly moved with the ball to go behind the defence. Before I could pass them, I did a faint and crossed the ball over to the right to In Yeop. He was in a clear line to the goal. I shouted at him just for him to put as much power on it. And he did. The ball flew at speeds faster than humanly possible as it hit the net. The crowd roared as we all ran to In Yeop.

"Nice, hyung!"

"That was good play, guys!", Eunwoo patted our backs and ruffled our hair.

Eunwoo did pretty well in the build up as well. He did find me in that empty space. In Yeop looked over to where our boyfriends were and Jungwon was cheering on for him as my boyfriend hopped like a bunny. I smiled, shaking my head at his dorky behaviour finding it quite cute.

Even though we were a goal up, we couldn't afford to be complacent. Our rivals decided to step up their game, by that I mean play dirty. They started tackling every chance they got just to get the ball back. It worked once and in the 42nd minute, they managed to penetrate our defence and score.