Backstory || .001

Ava had a troubled past, frequently clashing with the police and spending time in custody. She was known for committing petty crimes like pickpocketing, shoplifting from small convenience stores, and causing disturbances while intoxicated. She finally fell into herself at sixteen. Something in her shifted, and she no longer had any interest in being a criminal. She met whom she assumed at the time was her soulmate, Martin Rodriguez. Martin was a handsome boy with almost a squeaky-clean record. He was a jock, star of the football team at their school. Ava was the head cheerleader. The two seemed to be a perfect young romance. Martin had a hidden side of him that nobody saw. He was charming and handsome. He had Ava wrapped around his finger just like he wanted since the day that they met each other in high school. Ava straightened up rather quickly after meeting him and hanging alongside him outside of school. Her grades rose and her behavior changed completely at school. She was no longer that girl that was known for being reckless. She felt, for the first time in over two years, complete.

      She had passed her nursing exams at the age of twenty-two and started a life her parents had always hoped she would have. However, it wasn't what she truly wanted. Although she cared for Martin, she felt like something was missing in her world. She postponed marriage for a while, even as the years went by. She made excuses about why she wasn't ready, why they had to wait a few more years until they were completely settled. She realized that she would never be ready to start a family with him, as he was a bit boring for her taste. Although he was a perfect family man, she didn't see it as a negative trait, but she craved something more exciting and adventurous. Her current 9-5 job made her feel stagnant, and she yearned for some spice in her life. She felt incomplete and unsatisfied with the way things were going. Ava was missing something and although she knew partially what it was, she didn't allow herself to admit it. 

       Martin had to work late, so she settled for a simple peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner. As she got comfortable on the couch, the doorbell suddenly rang. She wasn't expecting anyone, so it was weird. She put her sandwich on a paper plate on the coffee table, which she usually only used when Martin wasn't home to avoid dirtying any dishes unnecessarily. Ava always preferred taking shortcuts, and using paper plates was no exception.

        Ava called out, "Who is it?" but before she could receive an answer, she opened the door. She was taken aback by the sight of the two men she recognized immediately. Her eyes widened, and she couldn't help but smile slightly.

         The man with glasses spoke first. "Sergio Marquina," he said, extending his hand as if he expected Ava to shake it. Ava let out a short laugh and shook her head in disbelief. She hadn't seen Sergio in over two decades, and his appearance had changed so much that she almost didn't recognize him. If it weren't for his brother standing next to him, she wouldn't be sure it was him at all.

          "Andres," Ava's eyes directly shot to the man who stood beside Sergio. He was just a bit shorter and older than the two of them, but she recognized him like she'd seen him just yesterday. It didn't take even a minute after his name left her lips and she leaned up to wrap her arms around Andres. The embrace was warm and comforting like it always had been. She pulled away from him just as quickly as she hugged him, but her eyes ran up to meet his, her stomach melting like it usually did at just his charming smile. Their last encounter had been several years ago, but it ended on a sour note. However, upon unexpectedly seeing him again, she couldn't contain her happiness. Andres and Ava had a complicated relationship. They were in an on-again, off-again situation for most of their lives, but after their last encounter, they haven't been in contact with each other. Ava believed that it was for the better, but she still yearned for him almost every night. Andres maintained eye contact with her, a smirk tugging at his lips. He was aware that he still had her under his influence, and no matter how long they were apart, she would always be his.

    "I realize it's an unusual time to arrive, but we have a proposal to discuss. However, I think it would be best if we caught up first," Sergio spoke with a confident tone, displaying a level of authority that even Ava lacked when she spoke. That night, Ava warmly welcomed them into her home with open arms. For the first time in a long while, she felt genuinely and utterly happy as they shared updates with each other. Little did she know, this was the start of her new life, a life she had never imagined for herself. It was the beginning of her new family.

hey guys!! what do you think? leave your thoughts and comments down below. chapters will get longer. the first chapter is definitely short short & i'm aware of that. it's really just a small briefing (: let me know if you have any face claim ideas as i'm still wondering for ava.