Chapter 16: Meeting Venion Stan (1)

"Normal Speech"
'Thought'
***********************************

'Three days' Cale calculated as they entered the village. 'Three days until the black dragon cause the mana explosion.'

They are now in the territory of Viscount Tolz. The Viscount had never liked the Henituse County because even though their territory were close to each other, the difference in wealth were miles apart.

'Hah! They even dare to show their contempt towards the Henituse as soon as they joined the Marquis Stan Faction. Neo Tolz, Viscount Tolz's son, had to become Venion Stan's dog in return. I really don't know how they could acting proud.' Cale thought about the information he had about the Tolz.

Anyway, there's a villa that was built a few years ago, on the right side of this village. Although it's known as the Viscount's villa, in reality, it was belonging to Marquis Stan, the one responsible for the black dragon going berserk.

'Behind that villa hides the cave with the black dragon. I could see the small peak to the right of the mountain we have just crossed. Thinking about those people really ruins my mood.' Cale clicked his tongue loudly, annoyed. "Tsk."

Hans, who had misunderstood, quickly started to speak up. "Young master, I will take Choi Han to quickly find an inn so you could rest as quickly as possible. Please just wait a moment."

"Yeah, okay. Whatever." Cale didn't really listen as he was observing Choi Han, who was being dragged by the brave Hans.

Cale could see from the nostalgic looks in Choi Han's eyes that he only allowed Hans to drag him like this because he was lost in thought.

The reason that Choi Han decided to kill the young black dragon in the novel and likely in the past life as well was because this village was very similar to his second home, the Harris village. Another reason was most likely to end the young dragon's misery.

Cale frowned. 'Choi Han shouldn't be lost in those painful memories. It must hurt so much to not be able to protect the home you care about.'

Cale called out without thinking. "Choi Han"

Choi Han turned toward the call of his name. "Yes?"

Cale looked at him firmly, wanted to make sure his message reached across. "Go and hurry back."

"Ah" A small gasp escaped Choi Han's lips. This 17-year-old boy who had lived for tens of years, started to show an innocent smile that fitted his appearance.
He nodded his head vigorously. "Yes, Cale-nim. I will be right back."

Cale, who finally saw the smile on Choi Han's face, waved his hand. He sighed in relief. He preferred this smiling Choi Han over the one that had blank expression a moment ago.

Hans who watched this happening, was feeling a bit sad at the young master's clear difference in treatment, but he smiled brightly afterward because it's just confirmed his belief even more that the young master is a kind person who care enough for his subordinates, to notice even the small detailed changes.

Cale was about to lean back on the soft seat, when he noticed a very fast carriage that was heading straight toward Choi Han and Hans's direction.

Cale had an ominous feeling, he couldn't react for a moment. Until....

An old man fell down in front of the speeding carriage and could not get back up in time to avoid it.

Choi Han who was a distance away, rushed toward the old man in a blink of the eyes, saving the old man from being crushed to death. Though the momentum forced Choi Han to smash into the building wall.