XLIV ⚜️

Third person POV

After a week of resting at home, Eliana drove herself to work. Today was her first shift since the hospital, and she was nervous. Rafael would be back home from his conference this evening.

It was around noon when the police officer entered the store. Yes, the same officer that came to take her testimony after Ethan's assault.

"How can I help you, officer?" Eliana asked dryly.

"Good morning. It's Mrs. Vincenti now, right?" he stated politely.

Eliana nodded to confirm and he continued.

"I believe we've found some relevant information about Ethan Snow's misconduct and your testimony will be necessary to confirm it"

Eliana's brows furrowed, she was irritated. "Mr. White, I am working at the moment. I can speak with you after my shift"

"I'm sorry ma'am but this is urgent and I must insist on questioning you now. We should also move this to the police station"

Okay, now she really didn't like it.

"Am I under arrest? If not then this conversation is over"

"Eli, If you need to leave early you can," My coworker asked concerned the moment she saw me with a police officer.

"Really? That won't be a problem?"

"Of course not"

"Let's go then" Eliana sighed, already feeling tired. Why the hell would he want to take her to the police station all of sudden? It was so annoying.

Just in case she tried to call Rafael to let him know about what's going on but he didn't pick up and she automatically sent an SMS to let Giovanni know she's leaving earlier. Just in case.

🔆🔆🔆

Eliana realized something is very wrong when she was already sitting in the car. She didn't receive any confirmation from Giovanni that he got her text message. Usually, he would answer with a simple "ok" right away. Not this time.

She tried to call him, he wasn't picking up. She looked at the rear windshield to see if the black car that Giovanni uses was following them. It didn't.

"Officer?" Eliana asked trying to hide her nervousness.

"What is it?" He asked gruffly.

"Um sorry, isn't the police station in the opposite direction?" Eliana asked.

"The case has been transferred elsewhere" he responded.

So why is he leading his case? Was he transferred as well? Something was wrong.

She took the phone out of her pocket, and it was instantly snatched away from her. With a shock, she watched how he throws her phone out of the window.

"What the hell?" Eliana whispered in shock.

She tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Stop the car. Stop the fucking car" Eliana said firmly.

"Shut up"

She tried to stop the car by pressing on the brake. And the car indeed stopped. She opened the door and sprung on the road, but he was quicker than she was. He got to her in no time and dragged her towards the car.

She ended up with her wrists tied and mouth gagged with a cloth.

She couldn't believe this was happening. Fuck.