78. Dejected

"No," I replied, softly. He looked dejected, but nodded nonetheless.

"Alright. Let's go deal with those criminals," he said, getting off me. I followed him to the dungeon, where the criminals were. I stared in shock at the scene. Surely I didn't beat them until they were unrecognizable.

"What the fuck?" I exclaimed. I pulled Seokjin away because he was going to irrationally beat up the kidnappers! Apparently, I had to worry about the others doing that as well.

"Don't swear," Seokjin told me. "Did you get any answers?"

Taehyung moved from Jimin's side and stood barely a step behind me. I sent him a confused look, but he ignored me.

"They weren't sent by anyone. They came on their own account. No motive, just wanted to test what happens if they kidnap a royal," Jimin reported. I frowned. Since when did people commit such crimes without a motive?

I observed the three males that were lined up in the dungeon cell for interrogation. I pursed my lips when I recognized the buff male.

"They're from Serek," I said. I pointed at the buff male. "He was a woodcutter. He kept to himself, didn't make much conversation."

"So the king and queen sent you?" Seokjin asked.

"No, someone else," I replied on behalf of the battered male. He was contemplating his responses, his face stoic but his body language shifted, exposing him.

"Who sent you?" Seokjin demanded.

"Alex," Jimin said. He probably tapped into his mind. "Who's Alex?"

I looked at Yoongi who seemed to be in disbelief.

"Fire boy's sister. She asked us to save him," the buff guy started.

"Save him from whom?" Taehyung interjected.

"The six of you," he said. "She said you were abusing him. He needed to be free. She said you were holding him against his will."

Why would Alex put herself and her family in harm's way to get me out of here?

Yoongi started storming off. My eyes widened and I started rushing after him, but Taehyung held me back.

"Stay here," he said. I squirmed in his grip.

"No I need to stop him," I said, but he tightened his grip. "Taehyung, stop controlling me for once and let me go. You don't know anything about the situation!"

He loosened his grip upon my words, letting me run after the orange-eyed male. "Yoongi!" I yelled as he entered an unfamiliar room. I rushed in after him. "Yoongi please don't do anything."

He looked at me in anger. "How dare she? She knows better than to intervene with my mate. She knows the consequences," he growled out, pacing around the room.

"I know, but Yoongi she has a baby. Please don't do anything. She has a family. She is your family," I said. I didn't care about Yoongi's feelings at that moment, I cared about Alex's safety.

"Well she better start acting like it. She needs to learn," he said. He opened the window and started taking his shirt off. I jumped into action. I stood in front of him and closed the window.

"No!" I yelled in a firm tone. "I will not let you do anything to her or her family!"

"Nighter, back off. Do not involve yourself in such matters," he said, taking his pants off.

"You and I both know that I'm more involved that I would like to be," I said. "If you do anything that hurts Alex or her family..."

I trailed off, thinking of a good threat to use against him without giving away my plan.

"What will you do?" he pushed.

"I'll run away!" I exclaimed, blurting one of the worst threats I've ever said.

"We'll just find you," he said, pushing me to the side without hurting me and opening the window again. "The bond will hurt you before you get too far."

"I'll accept you as mates!" I exclaimed, panicking. Alex didn't deserve what Yoongi was planning. He was proving her right, and he didn't realize it. But that was not what I had to focus on.

"You will eventually anyways," he said, morphing into a dragon. I swiftly climbed his back, hoping to stop him when he landed near Alex's house.

"Yoongi please," I begged once more, but he ignored me. He started flying, more rash as compared to the past times I had sat on his back, but he was careful to not let me fall. The closer we got to the border of Hitzor, the more panicked I became.

It was when we reached the border of North Hitzor that I realized that Yoongi wasn't going to Alex.