Chapter 22 - Plan B

Jennie looked up and scanned her classroom to make sure no one was looking anywhere but their test

Jennie looked up and scanned her classroom to make sure no one was looking anywhere but their test. She knew no one had the guts to cheat in her class, she had spent all semester making sure of that. However, she still made sure her Freshman class knew they were being watched.

When she was sure everyone had their eyes on their own paper, she went back to her computer screen. She had spent most of the hour reading up on Black Label Studios trying to find out just how bad of a situation it was in. Much to her dismay, she found out the studio was in worse shape than she expected. The studio had suffered through a series of failed movies and had lost its once prestigious reputation. Many Hollywood reporters had written it off.

Jennie sighed.

She had been serious when she told Rosé she would pay off her contract to keep her in L.A. There was no way she was going to be separated from Rosé for two years, not when they had finally gotten the chance to really be together.

She shook her head. This was all premature. Rosé and Lisa would help save this studio and Rosé would stay in L.A. It had been four days since Rosé and Lisa had read the script and they were more than sure than ever it would make a great movie. Jennie had gotten a call from her literary manager and was told that everything was now official. Jennie could now add scriptwriter to her resume.

One good thing about selling the script was that she had gotten a good chunk of change for the damn thing which she was planning on saving just in case she really did need to buy out Rosé's contract.

It never hurt to have a Plan B.

Her thoughts were interrupted by one of her students who came by to drop of his test.

"Here you go Ms. Kim," he whispered.

"Done so fast?" Jennie asked, surprised this particular student had been the first one to finish. That was not a good sign.

He just shrugged, left his test, and walked out the door.

Before Jennie could turn her attention back to her computer, her phone buzzed. It was a text from Rosé.

First. I miss you. - RP

Jennie smiled. She got another text.

Second. Everyone loves your script and is excited about making it into a movie. - RP

Jennie's smile faded. She got another text.

Third. Something else happened that I'm not sure if you'll like. Or maybe you won't care. - RP

Jennie raised an eyebrow. She texted Rosé back.

First. I miss you too. Second. Congrats on getting a movie to make, even if it is mine. Third. What news? - JK

I'd rather tell you in person. - RP

Jennie was getting a little worried.

It's not about us, is it? - JK