Chapter 20 (Part 2)|| Get Over It, Grandma

Chapter 20 (Part 2) || Get Over It, Grandma ▲ 

"Y-You said a swear word," Blake exclaims midst his laughter.

I laugh again, recalling when I screamed 'fuck' right before the third wave had come. "We shall not speak of that again," I giggle.

"Bronte!" Elle shouts. I turn and laugh when I find Elle standing on a surfboard, her arms waving in the air madly.

"Woo!" I call out to her, throwing her the thumbs up. I watch with a big smile as she rides the wave all the way to shore. I turn back to Blake, smiling widely, "She did it!"

When I look at him, a faint smile is on his face and he is looking at me. He blinks and looks away, a frown forming back onto his face. He turns away from me and grabs his surfboard, "Come on," he mutters, "Lets go back to shore."

He paddles off, leaving me to stare after him in confusion. What on earth just happened? He was fine two seconds ago. What changed?

Sighing, I swim after him, doing my best to keep up with him, "Are you okay?" I ask once reaching him. He shrugs. Something was off about him. "Did I say something?"

"No," he answers in a clipped tone.

"Then what's wrong?" I push. He was pushing me away again, except this time I wasn't going to let him.

"Fuck. Nothing!" he snaps, paddling off. I stop going after him since I know it's helpless. He obviously needs some time alone to think, so maybe I'll talk to him when I get home. He stops paddling and looks back at me expectantly, "Well? Come on! What are you waiting for?"

"Oh," I reply with a confused frown. He still wanted me to go with him?

I swim after him and when we reach shore he charges ahead of me towards the beach pathway, not before grabbing his wallet from where we set camp on the beach. I wrap myself with a towel and grab my wallet, too, assuming he's heading to the beach kiosk by the car park. I exhale frustratedly and rush after him, "Can you stop being so damn moody?" I ask when I finally catch up with him, "Now I don't know what you're suddenly so mad about, but you don't have to be so rude."

"I'm not mad," he snaps madly. I raise an eyebrow.

"Sure you aren't," I reply sarcastically, "And even if you weren't mad, you're still being really harsh and rude, so stop that."

"I'm not forcing you to put up with this. You don't have to come with me."

"Fine," I reply defiantly, stopping in my tracks and turning away.

He'll change his mind in three... two...

"Wait," he sighs. I grin. One. I spin on my heels with a blank expression and face him. "I am annoyed, and I don't mean to be harsh to you. It's just how I am. I'm sorry," he mutters. His apologies always sound so forced and it makes me wonder how many times he ever has apologised for anything.

"Wanna talk about it?" I offer.

"No."

"Okay, that's fine," I reply, walking ahead of him as he stares at me in confusion. I look back at him with a playful smile, "Well? Come on! What are you waiting for?" I ask, repeating his earlier words to me.

"Oh," now it's his turn to frown confusedly. He walks after me and we head up the beach path. When we reach the kiosk, there are two people standing in line.

Blake sighs frustratedly, "This is gonna take forever," he groans.

"This is gonna take 2 minutes, Blake."