Ch. 27 - AMPLIFICATION

Avalon's outfit:
McCall House -

School / McCall House / Eichen House -

Chapter Twenty-Seven🌒 Amplification 🌘

🌒 Amplification 🌘

Everyone stood around the dining table in Scott's house as Scott and Stiles went over their plan, "There's four steps- we get into Eichen, we get into the closed unit, we get Lydia, we get out." Stiles started explaining and Scott nodded. "And we have to do all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a mountain ash barrier." Scott said making the girls and Liam are all looking at Scott and Stiles as though they're crazy.

"You have a plan for all that?" Malia asked and Stiles pulled out the key card, "I stole this last night off an orderly. But, it's useless, 'cause they reset the codes each night." He said and Avalon raised her eyebrows. "So, why did you take it?" She asked and Stiles sighed and nodded slightly, "We're getting to that."

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again." Scott said and Liam squinted, not understanding where they are going with this, "How are you going to do that?" He asked and Stiles sighed. "We're getting to that, okay? Just listen-" He says and turns his laptop around so everyone can see the screen, which seems to have a log on it.

"I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot-" Stiles explains and Liam nods, "The card goes back to the default code. It works again." He says.

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" Kira asked and Stiles pointed at her, "You will. You're going to draw power from the main line- but only enough to cause the brownout. Not a blackout. Do that, and you send Eichen into lockdown, which would be bad. Very, very bad." Stiles said making Kira's eyes widen slightly.

"There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen." Scott says as he point at something on the blueprint while Kira looks at him with wide eyes, "Okay, slight problem- I don't know how to do that." She said and he gave her a reassuring smile. "That's okay! You have time to practice."