Chapter Twenty-Two

Asher

We got to the castle around 4 p.m. It has almost been 24 hours since Eve was taken. Ryan led us through the castle and out a back door. Me, Brian, Dr. Nale, Scott, and three other guards followed Ryan to a two-story building.

We walked inside, and it had the set up of a prison. There were guards by a gate that separated the front room and the prisoners. Ryan told us that the cells are on the first floor, second floor, and the basement. There are also about 100 guards inside the prison, but only about 20 prisoners.

"Alpha," the guard at the front desk greeted. "Visiting the rogue again?"

"Yes. These men are coming with me," Ryan motioned at us.

The guard nodded and pressed a button. The speaker in the corner made a buzzing noise, then the gate that leads to prisoners opened. We followed Ryan to the basement. All the silver cells in the basement were empty except the one at the very end.

"Hello Alpha Hayes," the rogue greeted Ryan. "I see you brought some friends." He nodded towards us.

"Where's Jacobs?" I asked.

The rogue studied me. "I'm Noah. And you are?"

Really, he wants me to introduce myself? "Alpha Reed," I said. Noah nodded. "Where's Thomas Jacobs?" I repeated my question.

"7492 Windward Drive" Noah stated. "He's been living with mundanes"

"How many wolves are there?" Brian asked.

"All of Crescent Moon stayed and he recruited rogues."

Well, this is surprisingly easy. "Why are you telling us this?" Ryan questioned.

Noah shrugged. "The faster you get to him, the sooner I die or I escape. It depends on whether or not you are able to kill him."

Dr. Nale, Scott, and the other guards have been silent the whole time. Scott and the guards looked bored. But Dr. Nale looked deep in thought. He was studying Noah. Just staring at him.

"Are you naturally sadistic, or did you turn them off?" Dr. Nale asked Noah.

Noah's head snapped towards the doctor. "Who are you?" he questioned with creased eyebrows.

"I'm Dr. Chris Nale."

"You are a very observant doctor," Noah noted. "I turned them off."

"What did he turn off?" I voiced my thoughts.

Dr. Nale opened his mouth, but Noah beat him to it. "I turned off my emotions."

"What the hell does that mean?" Brian and I asked in unison.

Sighing, Dr. Nale turned to us. "Your parents didn't want you to know about this," Dr. Nale said. "But all supernatural beings have the power to turn off their emotions. They stop feeling."

"They don't feel anything?" Brian asked. Dr. Nale nodded. "At all?"

"No emotions. They can physically feel things. They just don't connect emotionally," Dr. Nale elaborated.

"Is your learning lesson over yet?" Noah whined.

I badly want to punch him in the face right now. "Come on. I think we're done here," Ryan said. We nodded and followed him out the prison. We went back to the castle and called a meeting in Ryan's office. I mind-linked my pack and told them to come to the castle.

The Royal Pack came into the office and sat down. "We know where Genevieve is being held," Ryan started. "I need everyone to come with us. We have been informed that the man who took our princess has been working with rogues."