Life and death

Harper

I opened my eyes suddenly when I heard my phone vibrate front the nightstand. Sitting up, I realized that I had fallen asleep while I was reading last night.

Idiot.

What the fuck-

The device vibrated again. It was Ace. Who else would it be?

Acey <33

I'm outside.

Harper. Wake up.

I laughed, telling him I'd be out soon and put my phone down. Stretching out my arms, my joints made that gross but satisfying crack. I got up and made my bed.

For some reason, this morning I felt oddly motivated.

Going into my bathroom, I rinsed my face, put on my usual make up and did my hair. I decided to put it up in two small bubble braids and leave  the rest of my hair down but curled.

It looked good. I smiled to myself and went to my closet. Grabbing my outfit, a simple mini black slip dress and a white long sleeved shirt. I changed quickly and took out my black minimalist combat boots. Putting those on, I did a little outfit check in front of my mirror.

Cute.

I added some jewelry that matched my outfit and grabbed my bag. I headed downstairs and my mom was sitting on the couch. I was confused because I thought she'd be at work at this hour.

She looked at me and gave me a knowing look.

"What's got you in a good mood?"

"Nothing." she laughed.

"Well you better go now, he's outside waiting."

"What?"

"Sweetie, he came knocking on the door a half hour ago and asked me if he could take you to school. What a nice young man." I laughed, "Now go!"

"Okay okay. Bye mom!"

"Bye, honey."

And just as he said, he was waiting in font of my house for me when I walked outside. Leaning against the door of the passenger side.

Creepy much?

I smiled and went over to him. His eyes raked over my body, scanning my outfit. He licked his lips and pulled me towards him by my waist and kissed my forehead.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"You're fucking beautiful." he mumbled, my heart fluttered at his words.

"So are you." he raised an eyebrow.

"You think I'm beautiful?"

"Obviously. Actually you're more than that." his cheeks turned light pink for a second then he cleared his throat.

"I like your outfit."

I personally love it when people compliment my outfit, especially when it's him.

"Thank you."

"Are you alright?"

"Better now." he chuckled softly.

"Let's go?" I nodded.

"You finally decided to go to school." he rolled his eyes.

"Actually. I was thinking we could skip today." That's not a bad idea but exams are coming up so I didn't exactly want to miss out on anything.