||23||

"Sir, wetin you dey do Angie house since?" One of the boys who lived in the apartment asked.

"You come since morning. You never fit go?" Another one asked.

"No tell me you and Angie..." A third one said and they all looked at each other before exclaiming. I could even tell what they were thinking. I looked ahead and saw a few women whispering among themselves while looking at me. I brought out my phone and texted Lekwa who was waiting outside.

"He dey smell like Angie sef." Boy number one commented.

"Even when ihn commot for house. U no see im smiled we be like person who just finish with woman."

"Na so oo. Omoh, So Angie be like this."

"Shh." I put my index over my lips to silence them. "Una no go tell person abi?" They looked at each other before smiling at me.

"Oga how much?" Number three said.

"Give us something. We no go say word." I brought out my wallet. Thank God I took cash everywhere.

Experience is the best teacher. One time in the village, dad, Chioma and I had gone sightseeing. Chioma and I had sugar cravings that day so we stopped an ice cream vendor. Paying him became a problem. We only had ATM cards but he wanted cash. Chioma said she would buy all the ice cream but he refused. She was very close to tears and dad came to our rescue. From then on, there were always currency notes in our wallets.

I counted fifteen thousand naira and brought it out. I gave each of them give thousand. They thanked me and promised to keep their mouth shut. But they weren't my problem. The gossiping women were. I stared at all of them. "Young master." I heard behind me and their faces changed. Including that of the boys. I smiled politely at the ladies while making the action of sealing lips and slitting throats. They got my message.

"Let's go." I turned to leave.

"Should I help you carry that?" I looked at the bag I was holding. I shook my head. It contained the bedsheet and some snacks.

"No thank you." I would keep this as proof that I took her first.

"Sir some people are waiting in your car," Lekwa said as we walked towards it. Behind it were two familiar vehicles. I looked at the plate number of the one in front. RHEMA-B. I didn't need anyone to tell me who the car behind belonged to. I entered the back seat of my car only to see Praise and Rhema dragging a mega pack of cheeseballs. I looked around and saw an unfinished bottle of the extra-large coke, biscuit wrappers and Praise who had a lollipop in his mouth. I bought those today!

"Praise..." I growled. He pointed at Rhema.

"It's him. He dared me to eat them. I only drank a bit of cola though. He drank the rest." I looked at Rhema.

"Me? I was telling you to stop eyeing them. You ate the first biscuit, then the second. I'm even telling you to drop the cheese balls."

"You said we would share them." Praise retorted. I hit both of them on their heads.

"Enough. You'll pay for this. Everything here doubled."

"Okay." I had struck a good deal. "So, Jordan," Praise started. "Why didn't you tell us you were leaving? Are we even your friends?"