18. roll in the darkness*

The phone went silent

The phone went silent. Harry's smirk spread across his face, and I couldn't help but laugh at him.

He stood there with his arms crossed, I had my hands in my pockets, and we waited. We waited to see a flushed, satisfied, Ashton confidently walk out of the bathroom door...but she didn't.

We waited longer but I could tell that H was getting impatient. His brows did that furrowed thing and his leg was bouncing. He was anxious.

"You want me to get Rose to check on her?" I asked, moving toward the lights on the dance floor.

"No. I'll get her. Go back and keep everyone busy."

"You're gonna get her?"

"Pretty sure I didn't mumble...yeah, I'll get her. Go."

I had to check my surroundings, see if an earthquake hit. Was the world turning upside down? Had hell frozen over? What in the actual fuck possessed Harry to go check on her.

Well I mean, I knew, we all knew, but he didn't. It was still a shocking moment, I'd never witnessed him take care of her with my own eyes, only heard brief stories about it when he couldn't hold shit in any longer.

It was fascinating to watch them, to observe them. This was a big moment for them, whether they would admit it or not. I was proud of him.

"Alright, I got it. Go get her." A quick fist bump was all it took and then we were off, Harry headed toward the women's restroom and I headed back toward the booth. I weaved through the dance floor and realized just how disorienting it felt there, how easy it was to get lost in the movement and the music. No wonder the three of us had gotten carried away.

My mind flashed with moments from earlier in the night; Ash's ass bouncing against my crotch while Harry licked his way up her chest, the little moans and whimpers she let slip when both our tongues teased the sensitive skin of her neck, the way she rocked between us instinctively like she had so many times before.

My breathing went shallow as I walked through the crowd and I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I was trying to kill my mood, settle the throbbing in my pants. I'd done a good job of it until Ashton and Harry came back.

They came back separately of course. Ashton came back first and went to the bar to grab a few more drinks. Harry came back and ignored everyone's questions, naturally. Louis and Kenna joined the booth again shortly after Harry's arrival so we were just waiting on Ashton.

We sat and watched as man after man approached her, not one of them making the cut. One guy was pretty persistent though, he stayed around and talked to her. I heard someone snicker across the table and when I looked my eyes met Harry's. He was laughing into his drink and we both smirked at the memory that came to mind.

Suddenly, my mind was in the past, and my pants were tight again.

...