32

Chapter 32 | Truth Revealed

To say you were surprised was an understatement. For the past few days, it was nearly impossible to see the two detectives that you lived with. They usually went to work before you woke up and came home very late at night.

So to see the two detectives waiting for your return was a strange sight to see. 

"Y/N-ah!" Jimin exclaimed as he rushed over to where you were. He hugged you tightly.

"Yah!" Taehyung pouted. "It's my day with Y/N-ie, don't steal her away!"

"Yeah, I know," Jimin rolled his eyes but made no move to release you from his arms.

"You're home early," you pointed out.

"Why, don't you want us around?" Jimin asked, mocking hurt.

"No," you chuckled. "It's nice. I'm just surprised."

"Uh, Y/N-ah, we need to talk to you," Namjoon spoke up, choosing his words very carefully.

"Sure, what's up?" You asked.

"Taehyung-ah, do you mind giving us a few minutes?" Namjoon asked, looking at Taehyung.

Taehyung opened his mouth to protest but once he saw the stern and serious look of Namjoon, he just nodded.

"Fine," he pouted again. "Y/N-ah, I'll be in my room. You can come in when you're done talking with them." Then he gave you a sly wink before walking off into the direction of his room.

Your mind was racing. Jimin and Namjoon wanted to talk to you alone. You could only think of one thing.

"Is Seunghee okay?" You asked, nervously.

"Yeah, it's nothing to do with Seunghee, you don't have to worry about her," Jimin reassured you.

"Oh, thank god," you breathed. The tension in your body going away quickly. "Then what did you want to talk to me about?"

Jimin and Namjoon looked at each other. Silently pressing the other to talk. In the end, it seemed like Jimin won.

"We found out something about your assault case, and we wanted to ask you a few questions about it," Namjoon spoke carefully.

"Okay." Against your will, the tension returned to your body. "What about it?"

"Well, we have reason to believe that there is a mole in the Hybrid Unit," Namjoon admitted.

"What?!" You exclaimed. That was the last thing you expected to hear. "A mole? Are you sure?"

Jimin nodded rather firmly. "We went to interview the Hybrids you saved from being kidnaped a few days ago. We heard some new information that indicated that there was a mole in the unit," Jimin told you.

"In the case file, there wasn't anything specific written about the night the attempted kidnapping was taking place," Namjoon filled in.

"And there was no mention of the detective in charge," Jimin piped up again. "We have no idea who the mole might be, but the Hybrids told us that the detective in charge was a human."

"That is weird," you admitted.

"We tried to find the mole ourselves but nothing was panning out," Jimin explained.

"Do you know who was in charge of the case?" Namjoon asked, hopeful that you will be able to point them in the direction of the mole.

"No, I only know who was in charge of my part of the case," you told them with a frown. "Hongseok was the one in charge of my case. Unless he was in charge of my assault case and the attempted kidnapping case, I don't think the mole would be him."