Chapter 13

Hoseok POV:

Ever since I heard that first initial laugh, I was anxious to hear more, hear more from my soulmate, hear more of that pretty musical sound that filled my ears and made me want to make her laugh just to hear it again and again. Whenever I had a little bit of quiet, I would listen. Sometimes I could barely hear her, a soft, faint sound that made me smile at the sweetness of it. Other times the sound was loud and jovial, a clear sign of her happiness and excitement. Those were the ones I loved the best. I hadn't heard it many times, but it was enough for me to realize that I indeed had a soulmate.

I had just woken up, the sun blazing through the windows since I had forgotten to shut the curtains the night before. We had arrived in Canada late last night, a quick flight from New York City to Toronto. Since our sound check wasn't scheduled until 4:30, we had a little bit of an opportunity to sleep in before heading out for the day. Lying there in the bed, I was thinking about what I needed to do today when the sound of a sniffle made its way into my head, a soft tiny sound. At first, I thought it was coming from outside of my room, but when I heard the sob, I knew it was worse than I had expected. This... this sound of devastation was my soulmate.

I quickly sat up, the sounds of her cries filling my head. They weren't sounds of physical pain, but emotional pain. The kind of pain that cuts so deep that you're not sure if you will ever recover from it. It was heartbreaking and I wanted to rush in and save her, pull her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay, but I knew that's not what was going to happen. I had no idea who my soulmate was or where she lived. I had no way of getting to her, so at the moment, I was stuck with listening to the sound of her pain, unable to do anything else.

A knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts and I went to see who was there. Taehyung was standing on the other side of the door, his eyes filled with worry. "Can... can I come in Hyungie?" I nodded my head and Taehyung stepped through the door. I gestured towards the bed and he sat down, his hands clenched between his knees, his face lined with stress.

"What's going on?" The dejected aura that radiated from his slumped posture hurt my heart and I wanted to help.

"Do you... do you believe in soulmates?" Taehyung's voice was soft, hesitant, almost as though he was afraid to ask the question.

I hesitated then finally nodded. "I wasn't sure, but now I do. Why?"

Taehyung stood, pacing back and forth across the room, the stress clear on his face. "I think I have a soulmate. It's so weird though. I've... I've smelled things that aren't there. Scents that I don't understand. Things that have nothing to do with what is going on at the specific moment in time. I... I even accused Jimin of brining a girl back to the hotel since he came to my room smelling like sex."

As Taehyung passed me, I grabbed his hand, directing him to sit back down. The frustration on his face was clear. "You don't seem too happy about it."

Taehyung dropped his head into his hands, tugging on his hair. "I'm happy about having a soulmate, but... but I'm jealous too. If I smelled sex then that means that she is..."

His words trailed off and I could see the hurt in his face. Him smelling sex on her indicated that she could potentially have a boyfriend, someone that she is already happy with. The idea of losing a soulmate before you even had a chance to know them was frustrating and I knew he was trying to figure out how to make it through without having her in his life, how to get over someone he's never even met.

I put an arm around his shoulders and pulled him close. "It's going to be okay TaeTae. It's... it's going to be okay." I took a deep breath, wanting to tell him about my soulmate, let him know he's not alone. "I've... I've got a soulmate too."