32

Noah became quiet after he heard Wei Wuxian's short and quick explanation about the girl in the pink gas mask, her twins, her origin, and everything. But the most surprising thing was the fact about He Xuan. He always thought that his best friend was an orphan, who was taken by Yuwen Mo and trained to be his, and later, Lan Wangji's right hand man. Who knew that he was actually Lan Wangji's son? Man, this was so fucked up. But he had to admit that this was also super entertaining. He had dealt with many creatures, but never like this, a biotech body, a mix between science and supernatural.

Angel Devourers. 

He wondered what the church would think if they found out about it, not that he would let them. Just by the name alone they would persecute them for being evil beings, and somehow he didn't want that. Besides, he just needed Ben for his long-distance teleport array, not his nagging, and definitely not the freebie cases that the church assigned him like he was some kind of their dog. Well, he used to be their dog, but no more. And he already learned the arrays from Xie Lian, supposed he could use them instead of using Ben. He's getting tired of his cases lately, just like the fake wendigo thing, although if he didn't do that he wouldn't meet Feng Yue. He smiled at the thought of her.

"I think I'll be going in as Morrigan. Can you find the pink gas mask for me, Xuanxuan?" Wei Wuxian put her arm around He Xuan and tackled him.

"Please, can you behave?" He was flustered by Wei Wuxian's treatment of him. She was so… unorthodox. So different. But it's a good thing. He thought about the twins, and that it would make them his siblings. Here he was, thinking that he had no one who wanted him one day and the next day, BAM! He's got a full set of parents, uncles, grandparents, and siblings. Not to mention Wei Wuxian's three brothers. He investigated them and found out that Shen Qingqiu was a renowned lawyer turned erotica fiction writer and fashion designer, Luo Binghe was the heir of the underworld called The Butcher turned… well he still managed the underworld now so… And Liu Qingge was the infamous Mechanic, who could boost any vehicle in under ten seconds, and modified them like no one had ever seen before. They were… well, motley crew was the best name for them.

Noah observed He Xuan closely. He knew his best friend was overwhelmed, but that didn't mean he's not happy. He looked like he was still thinking about what he should do, or treat them all. After all, his brothers suddenly became his father and uncle and his sister-in-law suddenly became his mother.

"...with Noah." 

Noah heard the end words, but he didn't catch the start.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, I'll be going into the DollHouse with you since there would be monsters and demons and all kinds of unknown species which I'm not familiar with." Wei Wuxian repeated what she just said as she turned to face Noah. "And I'm going to need you to identify them for me, and probably tell me how to kill them. For future purposes." Wei Wuxian grinned. She was so excited by the thought of infiltrating the enemy's base.

"You should go with her, Noah, otherwise she would destroy everything and burn the whole place to the ground." Xie Lian chuckled. Subtle was not a word written in Wei Wuxian's dictionary. She would destroy and burn everything before they could manage to  find some information. Noah was a Private Detective, so he must at least knew how to investigate, although Xie Lian was not sure about the Italian temper.

"Well, if you insist…" he shrugged. It's a good chance to find out more about the enemy, and more important, her. "When?"

"Now."

"Are you sure it's a good idea to send Noah with Wei Ying?" Lan Wangji frowned at the odd combination, and they both were laughing at something and getting friendlier than he expected. He didn't like it.

"Well, Noah is a PI, he has more experience and patience to investigate, and he's knowledgeable about monsters. If anything happens, it only takes one of them to burn the house down in case anything happens, so I guess it's a win-win solution." Xie Lian chuckled. He knew that Lan Wangji was jealous, but he really didn't have any reason to since Xianxian loved him more than anything in this whole wide world. "Noah has a girlfriend, by the way. He never stayed with anyone more than a day and when He Xuan called him, he was on day three with the same girl."

Those words made Lan Wangji feel a little bit better. Just a little though. He saw that Wei Wuxian and Noah were getting along rather quickly, and they seemed to be taken to each other, judging by the animated hand gestures they made when they spoke. Thankfully the neon pink gas mask arrived sooner and Wei Wuxian changed into the leather bodysuit like the one Morrigan wore, then she changed her hair to silver. 

"What do you think?" She twirled once in front of everyone, and Lan Wangji, and Noah, the only ones who ever saw Morrigan, were very impressed. She looked exactly like Morrigan. Noah only saw the silver hair, but he was pretty sure they looked alike, from their body shape and hair color. And yet, something was niggling at the back of his brain, and he didn't know what. He shrugged off the unnecessary thoughts and concentrated on his task. He wanted to finish this soon, since he had a date with Feng Yue later.

"I think you look fabulous, as always." Lan Wangji took off her mask and kissed her. 

"Great. Let's go then, Noah."

Feng Yue was sitting in the second floor terrace of the cafe that was located right in front of the DollHouse, and Feng Xue was with her. They ordered hot chocolate and biscotti, and Feng Xue was busy erasing the Dolls' memories with his tablet. He set it on a timer, so by the time Noah and Wei Wuxian accessed the DollHouse with their special card, the program would execute and erase all of them, including every laptop and mobile phone inside the building.

It wasn't hard to know when they would come, since the last time she waltzed-in into Yuwen International, she already synced with their main hub. Plus she could track Noah's movement through Nero, the bike. So, when they decided that he and Wei Wuxian were the ones to infiltrate the DollHouse, she was ready. 

"Three minutes to the destination." Feng Yue told Feng Xue. She hacked the car they were in and she tracked the GPS. It's quite a bit of work, since Wei Wuxian automatically connected to any internet within her vicinity, and she had to sneak around to avoid being detected.

"You're not afraid that Noah would see the similarity between you and the Grim Reaper, then he connects the dots and guesses that you're Morrigan?" Feng Xue asked her while monitoring the building. 

"That's a risk I had to take. But I put a perception array on him, so he would not remember the details of my face when we're separated. He might feel something was off, if his feelings are strong enough to break through the array, which I don't think it's there yet."

"How are you feeling? Starting a relationship with lies? He probably would hate you if he ever finds out, you know?" Feng Xue looked at his twin, who suddenly tightened her lips in a stubborn gesture.

"Then, I just have to make sure that he doesn't find out, until he at least has a feeling for me."

God, she's so stubborn.

Feng Xue sighed. He did not want to get involved with his sister's complicated love life. He preferred to immerse himself in his work, with nanotechnology and Artificial Intelligence. And he wanted to know more about their bodies, and how to break the shackles without damaging themselves.

"They're almost here." Feng Yue scanned the GPS and found out that they had already entered the car park building. "Are you ready?"

"Yes. As soon as the red card's are swiped into the first card reader, everything in the building will be wiped clean."

"Imagine the chaos." Feng Yue chuckled. The people here were only the lowest level Dolls, so it didn't matter much if they erased them. The elite Dolls were being kept somewhere else and guarded by Duncan. He actually opposed the idea, since he knew that their father would definitely hear about it, and the consequences would not be good for the twins and everyone who's involved. But both of the twins insisted, and he was weak for them, so he relented, with a strict order not to engage with Lan Wangji or Wei Wuxian, or anyone within their little clique.