Chapter 77

The students' second year came to an end sooner than they had expected. Throughout the rest of the year, the four Marauders searched the castle for secret passageways and shortcuts, sneaking out of their dorm after curfew with James's Invisibility Cloak. Even if it weren't past curfew yet, Sirius and James would still insist on taking the cloak with them anyway, always keen to make an adventure out of anything.

Lily spent day and night studying for the end-of-term examination, taking Alice and Marlene to the library with herself; Marlene needed all the help that she could get. Meanwhile, Jenna used all her time to practice Quidditch with her team.

   Gryffindors won the Quidditch Cup in the end, throwing the biggest party in their common room that Jenna had ever seen in her two years at Hogwarts.

The Gryffindor captain, Mei, was graduating Hogwarts, and so the captain was naturally going to change next year. James was already talking about going for the Quidditch tryouts in their third year. He even spent all summer break practicing on his broom in the Potter Manor's backyard.

     When their Hogwarts letters finally arrived near the end of the summer, containing the list of their third year books, James and Jenna were most excited about finally receiving their Hogsmeade forms, which their parents had to sign.

     They couldn't remember being this excited to return back to Hogwarts, now that their third year was finally starting.

      "I don't like it here," said Fleamont grimly as the Potters were walking through the King's Cross station, trying to get to platform 9 and 10.

     Mr. Potter had just caught a group of young Muggle boys who were passing them by throw glances at Jenna's direction before grinning to each other. Fleamont knew those looks well enough to know that the time he had feared the most since the birth of his kids had finally arrived.

They had become teenagers.

Before, he didn't mind when his children would cause trouble around the house or at school, pranking everyone and throwing Dungbombs. But as a father, he had naturally become concerned when it came to his two kids dating in the future. Or perhaps slightly more than what was natural.

     Jenna hadn't even paid those Muggles the slightest attention, at this point convinced that all boys were basically pigs. Alice might've disagreed if she were there, but Jenna still wasn't over her grudge on a certain boy with black hair and grey eyes.

      "Fleamont, this is completely normal," said Euphemia Potter, who had caught her husband sending death glares at any boy that passed them by. "Of course they would think Jenna is pretty."

     "Of course she is. But that doesn't give them the right to ogle!" Mr. Potter retorted.

     "Ew. Dad, please don't use those kinds of words." Jenna groaned, rolling her eyes.

     There was no denying that throughout the past six months she had grown into a much more beautiful young girl, which certainly hadn't gone unnoticed by the boys her age at Hogwarts.

     James too had grown much taller over the past few months that his old clothes didn't fit him anymore, and so they all had to pay another visit to Madam Malkin's robes shop in Diagon Alley.

     "Jen! Hey, Jen!"

     Turning around at the voice calling her, Jenna smiled when she saw Lily approaching them with her family from the other end of the station in the distance.

    "Do I need to get my eyes checked again, or has Evans really changed over the summer?" James mused, a grin slowly brewing on his lips.

"Oi!" Jenna smacked him across the arm, giving him a warning glare. "Don't even think about it, J.P."