Chapter 15: Magic Trick

"Norman? What are you doing with fire?" I almost jumped out of my seat when we suddenly heard Mama Isabella's voice. I almost panicked when I saw mom placing both of her hands on her waist.

Although I can see that Mama Isabella's face is kinda playful, it scared the hell out of me!

"Give me the match," She said. Mom raised her palm in front of Norman. Norman calmly yielded the match to mom. "what if Conny copied you?" She questioned. The three kids who were busy arguing glanced in our direction. 

When I recovered from the shock, I immediately think of an alibi. I glanced at the match in Mom's hands and the unused paper beside Norman.

"Mom! Norman is amazing. He showed me magic," I said in excitement. My eyes sparkled as I signaled Norman to go with a flow. "I read that magicians use a trick using fire and then a candy will appear in their hands!" I said with a cheerful tone.

I glanced at Norman who has a calm expression on his face. He gently nodded his head to support my alibi. "I happened to know a little trick that's why I wanted to show it to Conny," He said. "Look, Conny." 

Norman snapped his fingers and a coin appeared in his hands. He showed it to me before putting it in my hands. I tilted my head a little. "Woah, but it's not a candy...?" I asked with frustration. "I thought it was a candy..." I said.

Norman closed his eyes before showing me a gentle smile. "My skills are not yet good but don't worry, If I practiced a little more I will give you a lot of candies," He said in a gentle tone. "Would you like to see more magic?" He asked kindly to me.

"More magic?" I asked.

"Yes," He replied while looking in my face. A three coin suddenly appeared in his hands. "What trick do you want me to show you?" He said with a smile.

"Magic...?" Mom uttered. My eyes went to Mama Isabella, her face looks confused and curious.  "Conny wants to learn magic?" She asked me.

  "Conny wants to learn magic?" She asked me

(HAHAHA Ray at the background 🤣)

I placed my hands on my lips while looking at Mama  Isabella.