𝟏𝟖✧ 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐒 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆.

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡

(     CHAPTER EIGHTEEN!
fear is a part of living.    )

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

Even though it has only been a few hours, Carmen was already tired of being in the Medbay. Maybe it was the smell of different chemicals and medicine wafting into her face or the white walls that surrounded it, but she was ready for the two Jedi to hurry up and leave so she wouldn't have to visit anymore. Since they weren't seriously injured, they were allowed to leave once Carmen signed the papers. She felt like a mother in a way, and it warmed her heart. Taking care of people when they're in need is one of the best feelings.

She walked into Obi-Wan's room first, a huge smile on her face. "Good news, old man. You're free to leave!"

Obi-Wan was startled by her loud and cheerful tone, "I'm free to leave? Did they tell you this or are you trying to break me out of here?"

"I just finished signing the papers, you can leave anytime. Your injures weren't severe, but you will have to take some pills for your arm." Carmen tries to help him out of the bed, careful in avoiding his hurt arm.

Obi-Wan sighs and slaps her hand away from his body, "I can take care of myself, darling. Thank you for this." He gets out of the bed and makes sure his lightsaber was still apart of him.

"Thank you for what?" Carmen blinked, loving the name he had just called her. It was like his fatherly instincts were already kicking in.

"For coming here and checking up on me and getting me out of this wretched place. And for showing the memories that you have with me, it shows I can trust you a lot more now. Knowing who you are has warmed my heart since you share the same blood as the man I miss so much." Obi-Wan smiles lightly as he tried his hardest to stare into the eyes that now reminded him of his old friend.

Carmen walked over towards him and grabbed the hand that was fallen on his side, "I can communicate with him, you saw that. I'm sure Yoda can teach you how to talk with him as well. It's an old Jedi thing, but it's not very hard to do."

Obi-Wan wasn't much of a hugger, but every-time he was around her loving aura, that's all he wanted to do. Ignoring his head, he pulls her into one, "Thank you so much, Carmen. We haven't known each other for very long, but I just know you'll be one of the greatest things to come into my life."

"I already told you, Obi. It's my pleasure. I know you miss him and that it's against the Jedi code to mourn, but you're safe to do it here with me." Carmen squeezed him, not ready to pull away yet so he knows just how much he means to her.

Before either one of them could say something again, a clearing of a throat interrupts them and they look over to see Anakin standing there with his arms crossed like a little baby. Carmen could tell he was jealous of this interaction, so she motions him over.

Anakin stands there for another good few minutes, before giving in and joining their hug. It was warm and welcoming and he was enjoying every second of it. He was the tallest of them all, but he still felt like the baby.

Carmen pulled away and smiled at the two, "See, hugs are good for the heart. I know you two enjoyed it."

"I did, thank you again, Carmen." Obi-Wan gives her a kiss on the forehead before turning towards his padawan. "I am going to speak with the council, I'll see you later."

Anakin watched him walk out and then he turned towards the blonde, "What was that about?"

Carmen wrapped her arms around his neck, "I was just telling him how he could speak to Qui-Gon if he asked Yoda to teach him. And letting him know that I am always here if he needs."

"Do you love Obi-Wan?" Anakin was scared for her answer. Maybe she was in love with both? That'd be terrible.

The blonde laughed and looked up towards the taller man who stood in confusion, "Yes, I do love him. But, I'm not in love with him. I see him as a father or brother, but you, I see you as my...." she trailed off, not really knowing what to say. He hasn't officially asked her out yet.

"Your what?" Anakin asked, wanting her to say it out loud.

Carmen bit her lip in anxiety, "I don't know, Ani. You're not very good at—."

Anakin interrupted her and brought the blonde into a kiss. This time, it felt different from the one before. Sparks ignited in each of their bodies and it felt like their bond was getting closer and closer to being complete. But, we all know what would actually have to happen for the bond to be full.

"My girlfriend." Anakin pulls away, his plump lips smiling down at the girl he was starting to love. "I didn't think I had to ask. Figured it was a mutual thing."

Carmen nodded, "I figured. I just needed you to say it, so I'd know for sure."

"So, my love. What's in store for us next? What's been happening whilst I was locked up in here these last few hours?" The brunette asked as he grabbed her hand and they took off walking out of the place.

"Well, I had a long discussion with Master Yoda. I told him the downsides of the code and how he could improve and I also told him about us, because being honest is better than bottling everything up. Whenever we first kissed, I didn't want to hide anything. It's not good for our health."

Anakin stopped in his tracks which caused the blonde to as well. "You told him about us? What if he kicks me out!"

Carmen grabbed ahold of his arm's and started to rub them, "Calm down, Ani. I have a feeling he's not going to kick you out. And if he does, what does it matter? We can live without them and as we're happy on another planet, they'll see how much they miss you and how much you put into every mission. Plus, you're the chosen one, I doubt they'll do anything at all."

"You're right. I need to learn how to keep my calm. It's just, sometimes my fear gets the better of me." He didn't want to admit this to her, but it just came out.

"I know you have a lot of fear in you. Everyone does. It's the part of living. I have fear inside of me right now due to the unknown of the future, but I try not to let it overtake me." Carmen had gotten him to start walking again and they finally make it out of the bright lights.

The Jedi boy loved everything that came out of the girl's mouth. It's like she always knew what to say when it came to him. She knew how to assure him.

"I'm not sure about you, but I've had a long day and could use some sleep. Where are your quarters?" Carmen asked as they made it into the main building.

Anakin took the lead, "It's not that far from here. Are you sure you want to stay in the same bed as me? You don't have to..."

"You make me feel safe whenever you're around. Of course I'm going to."