for dreams

JAKE

I went out to the pitch and searched for my boyfriend and found him near his family and mine. I quickly rushed over to him and hugged his waist from the back, startling him.

"Guess who?", Sunghoon giggled as I tickled his waist.

"Hey! Stop that! Hehe!", I decided to stop and greet his father and brother.

I bowed, showing my respect. "Hello, Sir. I'm Shim Jaeyun. Your son's umm..boyfriend.", I awkwardly greeted him.

He smiled and nodded. I gulped and looked away, intimidated by him.

"I'm Jeno.", I nodded and shook his hand as he had that protective father grip. I struggled to pull away but I did.

"I trust that you'll treat my son well?", I nodded firmly and even crossed my heart to promise him.

They just laughed at me, including my boyfriend.

"You're so cute, baby.", he whispered in my ears as I blushed.

"So, I see Little Jakey has grown quite taller than the last time I saw you.", Sunghoon's older brother, Heeseung said teasingly. I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

"Maybe you're just getting old."

"Hey! Who you calling old, captain! My boyfriend isn't old!", Jay appeared out of thin air next to Heeseung, clinging onto him.

"You're dating my boyfriend's brother?", I asked him, shocked.

"Yeah. I thought I told you-Oh, I guess I didn't..", he said, grinning sheepishly as Heeseung chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Jaeyun, a scout wants to talk to you.", My brother's voice caught my attention as I looked beside him to see a woman wearing my dream university colors. She looked like in her mid-30s and had a kind smile. My heart raced as nervousness took over.

"Go on baby!", Sunghoon encouraged me, his hand on my back as we walked towards the scout.

I greeted the woman as politely as I can as she smiled, shaking my hand.

"I really sorry for what happened to your teammate. It's horrible to see something like that happen."

"No need to apologise. It was the the other team's fault."

She smiled sadly and nodded.

"I heard our university was your dream school. Am I correct?"

"Uh, yes! That is true, yes.", I cringed at how awkward I was being.

"Well, we are keeping our eyes on you and I think we could offer you a football scholarship.", My eyes went wide as my eyes glistened.

"Really? Thank you! Thank you so much!", I thanked her as I shook her hand, more aggressive than I realised.

Luckily, she just laughed it off, patting my hand.

"It's our honor to even have the chance to watch a talented player like you, Mr Shim.", My cheeks flushed as I waved off her compliments.

"I'm being serious. I'm sure you'll have a few more scouts over trying to convince you to join their school but I really hope that you'll accept our offer."

I chuckled and nodded.

"You don't have to worry. I'd always choose my dream school.", She laughed heartily, a look of relief on her face.

"That's a relief. We'll keep in touch with your parents."

I turned to Sunghoon with the biggest smile on my face as he chuckled, pecking my lips. In front of the scout! I pulled back with wide eyes as we heard squealing. The scout looked at us with star eyes, her hand over his mouth.

"You guys are so cute!", She wasn't disgusted?

"I'm so sorry. If you want to retract your offer, I'd understand. I'm sor-"

"Huh? No! We never retract our offers just because they like the same gender. That's just wrong. You should know that our team has a lot more gay guys than the others because we don't discriminate. You don't have anything to worry about."

"Really? Wow, I guess I'll just accept your offer on the spot!", The scout laughed at how happy I was and shook my hand again, this time sealing the offer.

"Welcome to our family.", She cheerily said as I laughed and nodded, thanking her.

"Oh! We're also planning to offer your striker the same scholarship too. Once he's recovered, of course.", My eyes went wide as I remember what In Yeop told me.

"I'm sorry but I don't think he'll accept it."

"Why is that?", she asked curiously.

"He has different dreams. Away from football.", Her mouth went to a O shape as she understood what I meant.

"That's a shame. I guess we'll have to offer it to someone else."

"I'm really sorry.", I didn't have to apologise on his behalf but I felt like I needed to.

"That's fine! I hope your friend makes his dream come true."

I smiled, "I hope so too."

After that pleasant conversation, Sunghoon's dad invited me and my whole family over for dinner which I was shocked that he did. Did he really cook enough for all of us? There's five of us.

I drove Sunghoon to his house as the others went by their own cars.

"I appreciate your dad for inviting for my whole family for dinner. It's really nice of him."

"That's just how he is. He likes to give off a nice first impression to you.", I chuckled at that.

"Why's that?"

Sunghoon leaned over to peck my cheeks, making me blush.

"Because you're my boyfriend of course."

I smiled at that, cheeks slightly flushed. I felt so lucky to have a boyfriend, let alone my dream boy.

"I'm so proud of you. You actually secured the scholarship!"

"I know. I was kinda shocked.", I admitted with a chuckle.

"I guess I can give a little something to congratulate my baby boy.", he teased, rubbing his hand on my thigh, dangerously close to my bulge. I stopped his hand and held it, grinning at him.

"Well, my horny boy, can you at least wait until we're actually in your room?", his cheeks flushed as I called him horny.

He puffed out, probably acting upset but it just made him look cute and made me want to devour him even more. We reached their house and it seems like the others reached first.

"There's the star couple! Took you guys long enough!", Jaehyun said with a teasing tone. I glared at him to shut his trap and he zipped it.

We walked in the big kitchen, hand in hand as the wonderful smell of food wafted through the room.

I looked over to the stovetop to see my boyfriend's dad and another guy being very handsy with each other. I turned to Sunghoon and whispered in his ear.

"Who's that man that your dad is basically groping at?", he looked over and his face turned into a slight grimace.

"Ew dad! Stop groping Jaemin like that in front of us!", he shouted, making the two men jump away from each other.

His dad glared at Sunghoon with his arms crossed.

"He's your future stepfather. I can do whatever I want with him."

"Ew. Never say that ever again. I don't want to imagine what you old men get to in the room.", we all laughed and suddenly the awkward atmosphere was lifted and everyone was talking freely amongst each other.

All that was on my mind was the amazing surprise gift my boyfriend would give me tonight.

-

a/n : ahh! i love them sm! can they just get married alr -_-