thirty

After school, Zeus was forced to take Hestia home because Lettie was constantly watching them. He had a feeling she was onto them. He knew he could just talk to her about his problems.

Lettie was very understanding and never judged anyone as long as the person was genuine, but he felt embarrassed.

He didn't understand why Hestia was acting like this when him and his father had always supported her with everything. If anything, their mother was more condescending and controlling to her.

He tried to understand her anger. He tried to make himself believe her anger was justified for a whole year until he understood it wasn't. Lashing out at someone who's only trying to help you would never help and the worst part was, she did it without any remorse or regret.

She blamed his father for her misfortune and that wasn't okay when Ruslan was innocent in all of this. He was the one who was suffering here. He had to live with a wife who cheated on him just for the sake of a girl who didn't even want to acknowledge him as family. Granted, She was not obliged to do it, but the least she could do was be polite to the man who raised her, who always soothed her when she had nightmares, who loved her   more than his own son.

So imagine Zeus' surprise when his father suddenly called him up to his office and told him he was planning to get a damn divorce.

"I support you a hundred percent with whatever you do dad, but may I ask what changed?" Zeus asked in shock.

"Of course you can, my boy. I really thought things could change between your mother and I, you sister and us, but it's just wishful thinking." Ruslan sighed sadly. He was a good man, very patient too, but everyone had their own limits.

"You found her with another man again, didn't you?" Zeus gritted out. Ruslan hesitantly nodded.

"Two." He didn't want to make his son hate his own mother, but he couldn't lie to him either. Zeus was an adult and he deserved to know.

Ruslan still felt pathetic. He had been blamed enough for ruining Zeus and his mother's relationship but was he really at fault here? Something that made him feel even more weak was, he put up with a cheating wife for someone who didn't even give two shits about him.

He had heard his wife tell Hestia about the divorce earlier and what he heard felt like a thousand knives to his chest. He genuinely loved and cared for Hestia like she was his own, but he guessed he would never be able to compete with her biological father even though he wanted nothing to do with her.

"Good. I was really fed up with him trying to act like my dad when he clearly isn't."

"No dad, don't feel guilty. It's not your fault and I would never hate you for trying to be happy for once. It's all her fault. She was the one who cheated. Not you. Besides, it would give us more time to finally have those paintball matches we've been skipping." He smiled teasingly to cheer his father up.

"Yeah. You know, I'm very proud of you and I'm glad you're my kid." Ruslan ruffled his son's hair.

"I know." Zeus smirked as Ruslan smacked his head laughing.

He signed the papers in front of Zeus before he could regret it, and ordered a maid to give them to his soon to be ex wife. They were so happy before, what had changed? Was he not enough for her? There was no use thinking about it anymore. He had his kid and now, there was nothing more he could ask for, except maybe Lettie as his daughter in law.

You couldn't blame the man for wishing. She was the sweetest and the most perfect girl he had ever come across and they were practically best friends. He also needed his chess opponent.