43. happy months

to much of jungkooks delight, taehyung started showing from the third month of his pregnancy.

its was just a small bump, not even recognizable when taehyung wears his robes,
but in the privacy of their room, jungkook would caress the bare tiny bump with his fingers- it the first ever physical evidence of their pup.

the alpha had taken it upon himself to talk to the bump these days; resting a gentle hand on it while he whispers about his days, on how he cant wait to meet the pup, whilst taehyung watches all of it fondly.

to the alphas relief, taehyungs occasional morning sickness had seized, but his craving only increased.

taehyung nowadays would consume anything sour, as in right now the omega was happily muching on pickles, jungkook almost concerned when the omega easily eats half of the jar.

seeing the alphas stare, taehyung had extended one pickled cucumber to the others way, while hugging his precious pickle jar close to his chest.
"want some?" the omega had innocently asked.

jungkook had shook his head, then almost cringing the way taehyung had continued devouring down the same cucumber happily.

but then the fourth month only proved to be more harder.

taehyung would easily get tired, sometimes even dizzy, so much that jungkook took over all the meetings so taehyung can get more rest.

one day they had a palace ball, arranged to strengthen the ties baekje had with neighboring kingdoms and to prove them that baekje is no more a cursed land, and that it had plenty to offer.

the kings were decked in traditional outfits completed with their crowns, the alpha always has an eye on taehyung as he continued to mingle with the royalties and make some promising export deals.
over the months, jungkook had took it on himself to learn about the kingdom history, politics and trade; now it was remarkable the way he carried out everything with confidence.

"if i knew the previous king was hiding such a pretty omega here, i would have come to rescue you myself-" the king of jeju, easily twice taehyungs age had drawled at the omega in between their kingdom talks.
taehyung had mentally cringed, all the while having a smile plastered on his face for the sake of his kingdom,
but then a protective hand had hugged him from the back, taehyungs easily leaning into it.

"too bad, i got here first" it was jungkook, him planting a proud kiss on taehyungs mating mark before leveling the other king with a stern look.

the king of jeju had smiled a bit queasy, then quickly slipping back to the business talks now with the alpha king.

the ball turned out to be more successful that they thought- many of them agreeing to start business in their extensive silk and agriculture markets, easily enthralled by the remarkable potential of the kingdom.

when they reached their room after the tiring day, taehyung had huffed angrily, shedding layers after layers of clothes until his torso is bare.

he then hissed, cupping his pecs in agony while jungkook remained there, mouth agape and probably a bit drooling.

now it was another one of taehyungs pregnancy symptoms- his very sore nipples.
it would get irritated easily, especially when he has to wear heavy clothes like today.

well, atleast jungkook is delighted about it.
he would lay down the omega and kiss and lick the darkened buds until taehyung would give out happy sighs in both relief and pleasure.
so there was no worries.

in the fifth month of taehyungs pregnancy, namjoon had officially took a leave from his duties for it was so close to seokjins due date.

so more of the qualified and educated citizens from baekje was recruited to the palace- them easily taking over under the guidance of the two kings.

the home jungkook was building was almost half way through- both the kings would occasionally take walks to check on the their dream home, it coming together as beautifully as they have imagined it to be.

now taehyungs bump was more visible. the omega would always have a hand on top of it as he walks- jungkook finding it so endearing.

the alpha was much more protective too and as well as in taehyungs mercy at all times.

and the mood swings were crazy.
one time, taehyung had screamed at the alpha for forgetting to bring strawberries for him that day,
the omega getting so angry, he threw pillows at jungkook and cried about how jungkook doesn't care for him anymore.

jungkook had dejectedly walked out of the room, then sulking by one of the corridors.

but in minutes taehyung had run up to his arms, apologizing and crying for how he behaved.

jungkook was understanding, he always was.
he knew how the pregnancy was emotionally hard on his omega.

later they had made up by watching the moon and apologizing to the baby bump for all the shouting they must have heard.
"we are going to be such annoying parents" jungkook had sighed as he fed strawberries to a giggling taehyung.

at sixth month of the pregnancy, taehyung was more excited about the pup than ever,

because seokjin had gave birth to a beautiful omega boy.

taehyung would visit them whenever he can, cooing and babying the tiny pup whilst jungkook would watch all of it with a fast beating heart.

but all the walking wasn't doing him good, for his legs would swollen up easily.
jungkook every night would rub oils onto his legs to reduce the pain and taehyung couldn't be more in love.

by the seventh month, his bump was more like a balloon infront of him. it was hard for the omega to manage, even walking felt strenuous.

especially at nights, the pup would start to actively move and kick so much that jungkook would woke up to taehyungs sobs in the middle of the night.

the alpha would then sing or hum a melody and soon the pup would calm down,
then he would kiss and soothe taehyung until the omega drift off to sleep.

in the eighth month of taehyungs pregnancy, both kings of baekje resigned from their position as kings.

it was always the plan from the start; slowly making a system until they're sure the kingdom can continue to prosper in safe hands.
thus a democracy was established, with capable people running the kingdom in various departments.

and this time the citizens understood, for they had no fear left.

baekje was prospering more than ever.

so taehyung and jungkook had retired from the grand palace to their new home- it was perfect, the home they always dreamed of.

the normalcy in life was refreshing- inside in their own cozy home, covered in warm blankets by the fireplace in each others loving embrace- it was what both of them had always dreamed.

they also had started with shoppings for the baby now, even if they had more than enough in the form of gifts in their home.

still they bought a crib, more toys; jungkook painted the nursery, whilst taehyung drew cute animals and flowers on the walls.

they made everything warm, cozy and soft- determined to give everything to their pup that both of them had lacked growing up,
and in lazy evenings, both of them would lounge there with a hot cup of tea, taehyung and jungkook discussing names after names while the alphas hand would lovingly caress the baby bump.

soon, the ninth month had rolled in,

and now it was the wait.

for they can have their little pup in their arms any day now.

□□□

a/n: considering the amount of pregnancy related articles i have read today, my google would think i'm going to give birth now ~( ˘▾˘~)