Chapter 2

"H.how do you know my n.name?" Ananya asked in fear.

Sneha sighed as she realized her mistake. She shouldn't have acknowledged her by name. In that way, Ananya would never have known that she was in her class. Now, she will have to tell her the truth.

"I am your...classmate." Sneha answered as she gave her hand for her to take. She didn't think she would be able to stand up on her own after the drama.

"I never saw you in my class." Ananya spoke, still not believing her saviour.

Sneha thought of just leaving the spot and Ananya here on her own. But, her conscience didn't let her. She was almost assaulted today. And, she couldn't leave a girl in such a position. What if she gets attacked by other men again?

"We share the EVS class. And, I am not...very famous. So, you don't know me." Sneha explained.

"I don't believe you. Show me your college identity card." Ananya almost ordered. Being the mafia boss' sister had its own cons. She had to doubt every person who gave her a helping hand as they could be her brother's enemy.

Sneha sighed and went to her cycle. Taking out her college id card from her bag, she almost pasted it on Ananya's face.

"Satisfied now?" Sneha asked, a little rudely. The face of the young boy in the college was still fresh in her mind. And, saving Ananya was only her duty.

Ananya read the details properly and gave the card back to her with a smile.

"I am really sorry for doubting you. Thank you so much for saving me! I don't know what would I have done if you hadn't come here." Ananya said honestly.

Sneha only nodded in reply.

"Can you go home now?" Sneha asked as Ananya took her hand and stood up.

"Yes, I guess. I will call my brother. He will come and pick me up. Can you please be here, until he comes?" Ananya asked as she tried to search for her handbag.

Sneha stiffened. Her brother? She didn't want to see her brother. He was a member of the crime organization! What if...

"Sneha, have you seen my bag?" Ananya asked which brought her out of her thought process.

"Yeah! That other guy took it and ran away." Sneha said.

"What! It had my phone inside it! How will I call my brother, now?" Ananya started panicking.

Sneha tried to understand the situation.

'Okay, Sneha. Her brother won't hurt you for saving his sister. You will be fine. Just relax.' She told herself.

"You can use my phone." Sneha suggested as she took out her phone from her bag and gave it to her.

Ananya took it with a grateful smile and typed the number on it. It was an old-fashioned keypad phone. But, Ananya didn't complain.

"Umm...It has only about 2 rupees balance left in it. I was about to recharge it tonight but forgot. So, please be brief and tell him that we are in the Subhaniya road, near the Read in Peace library." She informed Ananya.

Ananya nodded.

Meanwhile, Sneha walked towards her cycle to prepare herself to go back home.

"Bhai (brother)!!!" Ananya started crying.

Sneha got startled when she heard Ananya speak like that as if she just died! Why was she crying now? She wondered.

"Bhai, three men tried to hurt me. They took my bag away. It had all my things in it. I lost everything. Even my favourite clutch. I was just coming back from my friend's home. The driver was not there in the parking lot. Then these three men chased me and took me to a dark alley. They tried to hurt me, bhai. One even took my bag away. Now, how will I get my phone back, bhai!" Ananya continued her wailing.