Chapter 165 - That First Meeting

Alicia moved to drive her car but was stopped by Neil before she could start the ignition."Let me drive.You just recieved a big shock so.."
Alicia turned to glare at Neil and said,"Does it look like I am in shock?Ryu Long is alive and back right?He is going to be alright?That is all that matters!Rest I will handle!"With that she put the car into ignition and drove the car outside the parking lot leaving behind a cloud of dust.

Ryu was sitting in the library and sipping coffee that Assistant Yang had just brewed for him.He tasted the coffee and frowned at the mug.He remembered drinking the same coffee for years but something was missing now...Maybe they had changed the coffee brand in the last year..He looked up with a puzzled stare at Assistant Yang but said nothing.Yang looked at his boss and wondered if he should tell the boss that the coffee brand was the same it was the coffee making hand which had changed.

Sigh!As Yang saw his Boss working on the files. He thought back to the shock he had recieved last month when he realized that the boss did not remember any of the figures on the file.Nobody had realised that Ryu Long's memory had ŀȧpsed until the man was asked a few questions and he did not remember!Ryu Long had been called in to the police station to help with the investigation of the murder of Leona Knight.But at the police station but when he tried to remember,his mind had been blank.From then they started charting the things that boss remembered and things that he did not.Though he had forgotten important facts and details,he had caught up with them in the past month.But they could not have fathomed that he had forgotten even his new wife.He had tried to help Boss by reminding him of his wedding but Ryu Long had instead gotten angry.

It was only after Master Neil confronted him did they realize that Ryu Long ȧssumed that the marriage had been in name only and Alicia was a money grubbing girl who married him to gain wealth and status.Nobody knew how he had formed such baseless opinions and as a result refused to hear a word about his wife.Even when Ru talked enthusiastically about Alicia,Ryu changed the topic or cut off all communication with some excuse.Finally,tired of trying to block Alicia's repeated questioning and Ryu Long's stubbornness,Neil and Yang planned a coup.They exaggerated the problems within country A's subsidiary and forced his hand making him come to Country A.Now only the last part of the plan needed to be executed.Yang looked at the time and thought that by now,Neil must have updated Alicia on the severity of the situation!

Just then there was a knock on the door and Neil entered the study room.They were sitting in the new home that Ryu had bought when he moved to country A with his family.Since his memory ŀȧpse he remembered nothing about the house which is why he did not know that Alicia was also living in the same house.He had been brought here directly from the airport.'Brought' because Neil had the audacity to sedate him during the flight.Ryu Long had been awake for the last one hour and wreaking havoc.

Ryu Long looked up from his file and glared at his brother.Calmly picking up the paper weight from the table,he threw it at Neil who caught it just before it bashed his nose.Neil looked at his angry brother and said,"Bro!what are you doing!I cn totally understand you being angry,but you must not throw the paper weight at people's nose!What if it breaks!It is costly to replace!"

Ryu just looked coldly at Neil and then turned to Yang and said,"But a few heavy paper weights and place them here in case I need them in the future."
Yang:"..."
Neil:"Bro!I meant my nose!What if that breaks!It is costly to get a nose job done!"
Yang and Ryu:"..."
Shaking his head at his brother's nonsensical chatter,Ryu returned to his files and then continued,"Yang,what is this you have marked?How are these figures related!"
Yang tried to understand the connotations but could not understand so he said stiffly,"Sir,this report was prepared by you and another ȧssistant.Maybe she can help you with the connotations!She is also here in Country A.Should I fetch her?"Before Yang could say anything further,Alicia walked into the study room and closed the door behind her.Ryu turned his attention to the woman who had the audacity to enter his domain uninvited.In an annoyed voice he asked,"Who are you?And how dare you just barge inside?"