𝐭𝐞𝐧: 𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘺𝘳𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳

☼

The next day, before Thor arrived, Anya prepared a literal feast for him. Anya grins while pouring wine onto a goblet.

"Do you truly do this every month?"

"Had to stock up with the liquor today." Anya ignores Loki's question, and his eyes follow her hands. "She gets cranky without it."

"Who gets cranky without it?" Loki asks from his seat by the table.

Right now, Anya is preparing for Thor's arrival while Loki watches from his seat at the table. Anya insisted on doing things on her own, despite having two of the most powerful beings inside her house.

"Valkyrie. She always raids my liquor cabinet."

"Sorry, the King of New Asgard is coming as well?"

"Oh, yeah. She's Thor's ride to here. Pegasus, and all that." Anya says, and Loki widens his eyes.

"A Pegasus? You mean to say that Valkyrie is not merely a nickname?" Loki's tone is laced with disbelief. "I thought all Valkyries died of gruesome deaths, now you are telling me that one is alive and she now rules Asgard?"

"I don't know the whole story, but yeah, I guess. Val did mention to be the last one of an Asgardian warrior army."

Loki smiles in fascination, wondering what Thor's reaction might have been upon meeting the Valkyrie. Loki is aware that Thor grew up idolizing them.

Suddenly, the table shakes a bit and a loud flapping of the wind can be heard from outside. Loki looks towards the young mortal, who smiles.

"Remember what I told you?"

Loki nods. "Stay hidden. Wait for your signal. Introduce myself." He tightly smiles. "Shouldn't be too hard."

"Sorry, it's just a precaution. You did fake your death multiple times. Thor might get in shock." She can sense his nervousness to see his brother again, and places a hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay. You and Thor are good now, ever since he took you back here for your banishment."

Loki did find that hard to believe, since the last he saw Thor, Loki was wearing chains. Chains he deserved to wear, at least. However, Loki feels inclined to believe Anya. After all, she knew many things.

He offers one last smile before dematerializing himself, the green glow casting over him before he disappears. Anya exhales and goes to the door.

Outside, she sees Thor and Valkyrie walking up to the house. Anya barely chooses which to hug first before Thor swoops her up in his arms to embrace her tightly.

"Oh, I've missed you, Anya!" Thor declares with a smile.

Anya chuckles. "Missed you, too, big guy."