Chapter 3

Both the girls looked in the direction of the voice and saw a man standing on the staircase. He stood casually but Sneha could easily read his expression. He was concerned...for his sister. It was easy for her to recognize this tall, well-built and cold-faced man.

Viraj Khatri

She noticed his attire. He was wearing a formal suit and had his hair properly done. He was holding his phone in one hand and in the other hand, he held a gun.

A gun. A real gun. Sneha couldn't help but panic. Would he kill her...for saving his sister, she wondered.

When he came downstairs and stood in front of them, she looked at him again. He was caressing his sister's head in a brotherly manner with a concern-filled gaze. He took out his blazer and covered his sister with it as he noticed her tattered top.

"You gave me a heart attack today." He said as he hugged his sister.

"Bhai, I couldn't find the driver in the parking area. Then the strange men followed me. In fear, I ran away as fast as I could. But, then..." Ananya started talking in a slow voice, like an obedient child. Sneha would never have thought that the bold girl in college was like this at home!

"Shh! It's okay. I am here. I won't punish you this time." He said in his usual strict tone.

Turning to his man, he gave an order.

"Gaurav, I need you to find her driver and kill him on the spot after hearing his reasons. No one messes with my sister's safety." Viraj ordered in his cold tone.

Sneha stood like a rock.

Punish? Kill? These words revolved in her mind. This guy was crazy! She concluded.

Finally, he turned towards the other girl in the room who was held firmly by two guards.

"Who is she?" He asked. Sneha looked up at him to introduce herself but Ananya spoke before her.

"Bhai, she is Sneha. She saved me today from those men. And, Sneha, this is my brother. Viraj." Ananya introduced them.

Sneha nodded her head once in acknowledgement. For a second, she was confused to say 'hi' or 'namaste' because Ananya's brother did look to be about 30 something. So, she kept quiet.

Viraj walked towards Sneha and stood in front of her. She took a deep breath as his cologne hit her nose. She never had thought that she would stand this close to the mafia leader of Mumbai...without even committing a crime. She only stared at the floor, unable to look at him in the eye.

"What's your name?" He asked.

Sneha looked up to see if he was crazy. Didn't his sister just tell him her name?

"Sneha." She still answered, a little intimidated by his height. She barely reached his shoulders.

"Full name." He added, a little irritated.

"Sneha Bohra." She answered trying to appear confident. He was playing with his gun over his fingers and that scared her too.

"Where do you live?" He asked.

This time she looked at him head-on. Was he serious? Why is he interested in knowing where she stayed? She didn't want to tell him the answer because...well he was a criminal!

He quirked his brows when she didn't answer him and only stared at him.

She gulped and looked at Ananya, in hope of some help.

"Bhai." Ananya called for her brother.

"Go to your room, Ananya. Sleep. It's already late. You have college tomorrow." He ordered.