Prologue - Meeting the adepti

It all begins as such...

My sister wrapped me up in a (f/c) blanket and put me in a basket. She then closed it and left Inazuma. Yae Miko waited on top of a tall mountain for Morax. I didn't know what was happening at the time, I laid in the basket for a while when  the light of the basket opening hit me.

I looked up and saw a man, with long dark hair and two horns on his head. His eyes shone like gold.

"And why am I receiving such a precious gift?", he asked my sister, with confusion written all over his face.

"The shogun has a lot of power, and she is drawn towards eternity. I fear she might close up the nation and shut the world out." I heard Yae Mikos voice say. "My sister will be a lot happier to be in a open world."

The man then looked down at me again and I could have sworn I saw a small smile on his face when he saw me. "This little creature has a strong energy, it's very pure. Very well, I accept this gift." He then closed the basket after giving me a comforting smile.

I was barely able to register what was happening at the time...

I fell asleep in the small basket.

When I woke up I was on top of another mountain, I was not laying in the basket like before, but rather on top of a soft pillow.
I looked around me and saw water. I sat up and realized i was not only on top of a pillow, but also a stone table. The table had three stone chairs around it.

I then jumped down from the table, still in my fox form and heard a chuckle. I looked around and saw a blue stork like bird.

"This is the creature that is going to help him?" The bird said in disbelief. I was quite surprised to hear the bird talking and looked around to see who the bird was talking to.
Not too surprised i see the same man from before.

I wondered what they were talking about.

"Do not doubt my decisions, Cloud Retainer."
He said and crouched down to my level.

My ears perked up with curiosity, he then patted my head.

"My name is Morax. I understand it that your name is (Y/n), am i correct?" He asked me with the same warm smile from before.

I then nodded my head and was about to ask what was going on until i heard a deep voice behind me. I quickly turned around and was met with a deer like creature, he also looked a little odd.

If I had told them out loud how strange they all looked when I first saw them, they might've scolded me...

"I could feel her energy from far away." He said. "Hello (Y/n), the one who stands before you is Moon Carver." He sounded kind, but uninterested.

I looked up at him and was about to speak until i once again was interrupted. "What a foolish plan this is." I turned my head and saw a orange-ish coloured bird that also looked like a stork.

"Mountain Shaper, this is the best i can do for him for now. (Y/n) might help him a lot." Morax said.

The bird named Mountain Shaper held venom in his voice as he spoke, "Hah, so you're giving him a comfort animal?." He said with an annoyed chuckle in the end of his sentence.

"Who are we talking about?" I asked out of the blue. They all looked pretty shocked to hear me talk.
I suddently heard Morax chuckle beside me and picked me up in his arms.

They should've expected that I would be able to talk. After all, they could too. It wasn't strange at all!

"You'll see." Was the only thing he said.