Ch~13

Kiko's POV

There are days better than some days and some worse than others. Now I'm a leukemia patient! Only me and my doctor knows about this!
Did I tell anyone else? No! Why should I tho? It's not like it will help me or anyone else! I will only become a burden to the people around me. People will only look at me with pity!

I was walking out of the hospital. I saw book cafe. I went in... I choose to read a book that i read when I was younger... "The Chronicles of Narnia"
I take a seat near the glass of the cafe and I plug in my earphones...
"Hmm! What song should I listen to today?" I asked myself.
I scroll through my Spotify playlist.
I click on the song "Kills you slowly" by the Chainsmokers.
Different thoughts start flooding through my mind. I look out if the glass...  The book in my hands long forgotten!

What will happen when nisan and my friends will find out about my leukemia! Will Maa and Dad make it home before I die?
Death! What if I die? I never thought!? I can never be sure when or how a person dies!
Will I be able to find my happiness before I die?
But.... If I die... I will see Koro ni! We can both enjoy sweets together.
Mikey and Senju may have a massive sweet tooth.....but Koro ni cannot be defeated in this case.
The busy street looks so beautiful... The cloudy sky matching my cloudy mind.

"Kiko....Kiko...oiii!! I realized someone shaking my shoulder and plugging a earphone out of my ear. I turn my head to the other side to check who was that...

"Baji? What're you doing here? Before you say you came for a book... Let me remind you... You don't like reading!" I spoke in a teasing tone.

"Hehe! No.. I'm not here for a book. I saw you near the glass, lost in thought... I decided to say hello to you!" Baji said, grinning and rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Ooo... So..." I trail off... I've nothing to ask him... No topic and all.

"Let's move around the city. I was about to take my bike around for a ride. You seem a little stressed out. Let's clear out minds." Baji spoke.

"Ok..." I said. I returned the book and I went outside and met Baji. I hop behind him on his bike. I hold onto his shoulders. But he took my hands and wrapped them around him.

"Hold on to me tightly. I'm gonna cross the speed limit today!" Baji said.

"Ok".... And then we sped off. The ride was thrilling.
We stopped near a river. We head near the river bank. Baji and I take our seats on the grass. Suddenly, Baji rested his head on my shoulder.

"Kiko...I don't even understand what I feel for you... But your presence feel warm... It's like I never want to leave your side." I feel tears form in my eyes. But this time I'm not going to cry. I've to be strong for myself.

Although auntie Aoi said, they'll be able to bring me back to full health with proper time... it's still going to be a long journey. I remember what she earlier said-

"Kiko... I need you know something... Although you're caught in earlier, there's still chances of untimely death! But don't loose hope... We will do our best."

"Baji... To be honest... You feel like home to me. I feel a certain happiness and warmth when I'm with you... But..." I choked. I take deep breathe. " I don't think... You can love a person like me. You deserve so much better. I'm a lost cause! You know... You can find someone better, more beautiful and amazing than me. Baji.... You don't want to be with me... I..." I stop there. I cannot let him know that I might be dying soon!

"Eh! Don't say like that... Moreover, I'm still figuring out my feelings. I promise to stay by your side... No matter what." Baji said.

"Then stay by my side as my friend. Baji please... promise.. you'll not fall for me. And I promise you the same. I'll not let my feelings take over our friendship.  I know we both have complicated feelings for each other... But let's stop here." I said.