Chapter 46: Edric's nightmare

Edric's P.O.V.

Once I notice the black blanketing the sky, I notice I become tired. And so I lay on the couch instead of the sleeping bag on the floor. Then when seeing Hunter look at me on the couch, he sits on the lounge chair, closing his eyes. That can't be a comfortable sleeping spot. "Hunter. Why can't you just sleep here?" He looks at me with a brow raised.

"But you're sleeping there." I nod at his answer. "We could lie down together." He looks at me with the most reddest face ever. "But what if we wake up late? Someone will see us!" I laugh a tiny bit. "Are you that embarrassed to be seen with me?"

Hunter looks down. "I just don't know what the others would think if they saw us acting like this. I don't want you getting in trouble." Oh. He actually cares that much? "Doesn't matter. Lying next to each other is what couples usually do." Since we have agreed to try the relationship out.

He just sighs, looking sad while coming over and lying down on the couch since it's big enough for two people. But he's almost hanging over the edge, so I wrap an arm around him securely. Then he looks back to me. "I just don't want you to fall!" Ugh, this is embarrassing. He rolls his eyes before looking away while I drape the rest of the blanket over us, and Rascal nestling on the fabric. Then I close my eyes, trying to sleep...

.

.

.

And after a while of having them shut, I open them to find myself hiding under a bed. But the room is so unfamiliar. And disgusting! I look around from under the bed to see rotting wood and moldy furniture in the dark room. Doesn't smell that great either. 

I look behind me to notice Amity is also hiding down here with me. But what catches my attention with a thud causes me to turn back to look at the room. I see Hunter on the ground with... The weirdest expression. His eyes have no shine to them, like he's a lifeless, unfeeling doll. His mouth is partly open like he wants to say something. And I see a nasty gash on his shoulder. 

The sight makes me shuffle to him to try and get out from under the furniture, but Amity uses her abomination goo to pull me back. I know she's not that fond of him, but something definitely seems wrong here. I turn my head to try and tell her to let me go, but she covers my mouth with the gross goo, as she covers her own with her hand.

More thud sounds. And I turn to see a pair of feet. One in heeled boots and next to the pair of boots is a small orange creature. They walk to Hunter, then I notice goo wrapping around his right wrist. Then one wrapping around his left and the goo pulling the wrists behind his back to connect, making a pair of chains out of that specific type of magic.

But this isn't Amity's abomination magic. It's not coming from her direction. Then more goo connects with his chains, which are links to the handcuffs. They first connect with his wrists but then grow shorter, pulling him up and up.

.

.

.

I awaken with a shake and a small gasp. This almost causes Hunter to fall off of the couch but I keep my arm tighter around him so he won't. And Rascal flaps up in surprise. Just a dream... But that made no sense. And now I see Hunter who's not lifeless. Now he's just looking at me pissed. Never have I been this happy to see his grumpy face. That instead of a lifeless one.

(How is it? Errors? Cheesy?)