04

Chapter 4 - Nervous and The Meeting

"I have nothing to wear," Iris groaned.

A huge pile of clothes was lying on her bed. She couldn't select anything to wear.

"How should I dress?" she questioned her best friend, Rhea. She called her in haste because she couldn't decide anything. Rhea, who was already thinking of starting her fashion line, was very confident in her fashion sense.

"For a meeting, should I wear casual-formal, formal, or formal-formal?'' She looked confused. She had never gone to a 'proper' meeting. The meetings she had with the twins were in casual baggy clothes or even pajamas.

"Leave it to me, girly," Rhea stopped Iris, who was pacing her room. Rhea quickly went through her closet and the pile of clothes on her bed. "Here, wear it," she picked out the outfit and handed it to Iris.

"It suits your aesthetic and looks formal. Considering the fact you are 19 looking a little cute does not give a poor impression. Keep the makeup light and natural and let the curls run wild," she further added. "And wear pointed heels. It makes you look more formal," she picked up her black heels and handed them to Iris.

 It makes you look more formal," she picked up her black heels and handed them to Iris

"Perfect," Rhea praised both her sense and how beautiful Iris was looking.

"What do you think about Sinclairs," she asked Rhea. "I have heard they are filthy rich, though they are gentlemen. I have heard no scandals or complaints against them in the news. Plus, they are hot as fuck. Like greek gods. Women swoon over them," Rhea told what she knew.

Iris nodded. She also knew the same. 'They are not bad people," she comforted her harshly beating heart.

"You can do it," she encouraged the nervous Iris whose legs bounced in nervousness. Her social anxiety kicking in. She didn't even get sleep last night overthinking about today's meeting.

"Thank you," Iris smiled at her friend, her dimples showing, giving her a quick hug. Like this, they both had each other's help.

---

"Ms. Fields, I am Emilia Broome from Sinclair corp. Mr. Sinclairs would like to meet you regarding a note and how you got the information."

"I am not sure what you are talking about," Iris tried to avoid the topic. Why were they contacting her? Her mind went into a full panic mode.

"Umm. Ms. Fields, we have proof. Sir has informed me if you don't meet them, they would take legal actions since the note contained some sensitive topics," Emilia carefully replied. The threat was evident in the message.

Iris let out a defeated sigh. Her work was indeed illegal, hence she didn't mess with big companies to get into problems. She knew it was Sinclair's company she was helping, but she did not though that far enough for the CEOs to be calling her for a fucking meeting.