Chapter 82: What The Fuck?

Epona was walking through the halls when she saw it. The Room of Requirement open, with the Inquisitors Squad and Umbridge at it's doors. Her eyes widened, and she panicked. Wasn't there a meeting today? Right now? She told the others she would be late, but what was going on?

She ran over to where they were, "What is going on here?" She asked, standing tall despite her worry and fear.

Umbridge turned to face her, that wicked smile on her face. And next to her stood Cho Chang, "Well, your brother and his friends were caught practicing magic that's against the rules. Asked to by Dumbledore."

When she looked at the Slytherins around the woman, she met the eyes of Draco Malfoy, and she felt herself start to cry, "You...You're all fucking cunts! I'll make sure you all get your own, fucking hear me?"

Umbridge stepped forwards, "Was that a threat, Miss Potter?"

"I don't know, Bitch. Aren't you supposed to be a professor? Oh, that's right, you aren't qualified to be a teacher. So fuck off before we all go blind from the eyesore that you are." Epona spat, and turned on her heels, walking away on the verge of tears. 

She could hear the footsteps of Draco behind her, and when he caught up, he grabbed her wrist, "Epona, wait."

"What the fuck, Draco! You betrayed me. I trusted you, and you fucked it all up." She glared at him.

He looked sorry, "What was I supposed to do? I tried to get you as far away from them as possible to protect you! I only wanted to get to Potter and his twat friends! I didn't want to hurt you..."

She ripped her hand away from his, "Well, you did. No go off with and be with the bitch because that's all you're good for isn't it? You're a coward, Malfoy. You follow along with what anyone with power over you and your family says. Like a dog."

His eyes widened with anger, "No I'm fucking not!"

"PROVE ME WRONG THEN!" She screamed at him, "SHOW ME YOU'RE A FUCKING PERSON AND NOT A LITTLE SHIT. SHOW ME YOU LOVE ME AND STAND UP FOR YOURSELF!"

He stood there speechless and unmoving and she shook her head, sighing, "That's what I thought. Maybe the others were right about you. You're no good at all. Guess people can't change."

Epona had walked away, leaving the fifteen year old boy standing alone in the hall. He didn't know what to do. This was the first time she and him have had a fight like that. He wanted to move, to run after her and prove to her that those Gryffindors and everyone was wrong about him. But his body betrayed him, like he did to her. Draco hated seeing her angry, especially with him. Every time he thinks he's doing the right thing it's a gamble on whether it is or not.

Most of the time he chose wrong. But he tried to do the right thing for her. It's hard though, doing the right thing or even the wrong thing. Too scared to be good but too scared to be evil. That was the place Draco was stuck in. He wished he didn't care about anything, but Epona gave him a reason to. She was his reason to care, and he's terrified of losing her.

The next day, Effie didn't talk to him. Or even look at him. Not even in the classes they sat next to each other in. She talked to literally anyone but him. Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were beginning to bug him about it.

"Damn, I haven't seen her this mad since she dumped Phineas." Pansy remarked, watching as Effie strutted to the Gryffindor table and sat down in between Ginny and Ron.

Draco watched as well, sadness flowing through his body. And jealousy. And anger. He hated those goddamn Weasleys. Both of them with red on their cheeks as she talked to them, putting her hands on their thighs, acting as she usually would with a close friend. He was afraid she'd leave him for one of them. If they weren't there maybe they wouldn't be fighting-