chapter one-hundred and thirty-four

August 20th - Knockturn Alley 

The stakeout had gotten so boring, that Nephera had actually begun enjoying Leon's long rants about his acheivements. It certainly beat looking at an empty street all day long. 

Thankfully, the sun had set a few hours ago, so the duo was no longer sitting on the rooftop under the scortching heat, but was rather enjoying the slight breeze, "So then what happened?" asked Leon, catching a peanut that Nephera had thrown at him with his mouth, "After this... Professor Minnie realized that it was your group on April Fools," 

The Slytherin laughed as the memory came to mind, "Well, there really was no need to realize it, everyone knows that if there was a prank at Hogwarts, those four idiots were behind it. It just happened that this time I was involved too, meaning that the whole plan was ten times better," 

The French Auror laughed loudly, but quickly shot a glance around when he realized just how loud he was being, "You say I'm arrogant, but you're not that far behind, are you?" 

"I was raised to have a huge ego," she mused, taking a sip of her coffee, "How was Beauxbatons, mother almost sent me there," 

A shadow passed behind his eyes, and the witch figured that it wasn't all sunshine and raindows, "Not nearly as fun. Rules are strict there, we are taught to strive for perfection, and acheive it, and there are certainly no Professors like Minnie, as you called her," 

"That bad?" 

The wizard turned his gaze away from her face and back the street below him, which was increasingly filling up with people now that the sun had set, "It was nice, I had friends, I mean, but the castle never felt like a home. It was too clean... to pristine," 

"Seems like the Winchester manor," scoffed the brunette, "Let me guess, it was the kind of place you dream about when you see it in pictures, but you can't help but have an odd feeling of dread when you're actually living in it?" 

"Exact- Oh, someone's there, look," he interrupted himself, getting closer to the edge of the roof in order to get a better view of Borgin and Burke's 

Indeed, the shop's door had just opened, and in stepped a woman, judging by the clothing, and a rich one at that. A fw strands of blonde hair could be seen from under her hooded cloak, and Nephera's suspicions where confirmed when the figure turned its head and she saw that it was, in fact, Ophelia Greengrass that was there, "I know her," she whispered, "And if she's here, then this is something big," 

Ophelia wasn't stupid by any means, she was actually a very smart individual, with a cunning and sharp brain, so if Riddle had put her in charge of whatever that mission was, then it was something of a very delicate nature, "Can you see what she's doing?" asked Leon 

The Slytherin squinted, trying to see what was going on inside the shop, but to no avail, "Give me a second," she raised a hand, covering both her eyes as she muttered under her breath, "Videam mellius," 

That had been a spell she'd read a few months ago in one of her books that she had taken from the manor, and it allowed one to enhance their eyesight. When she opened her eyes again, she was able to see closer, as though she was looking through binauculars, "They're talking, I can't hear what about though," she explained, "It seems as though he's telling her something she really doesn't want to hear," 

"Maybe he doesn't have what she's looking for?" 

Nephera shook her head, "If that was the case, then they wouldn't have been visiting all week. I think he's telling her he can't sell her whatever it is they want," 

Leon frowned, "He does know they'll kill him if he doesn't listen, right?" he pointed out, "I mean, I don't think Death Eaters are used to the word 'no',"