Chapter 14

________________________________

Third person pov
_______________________

Since childhood, the Cavanaughs were taught the importance of family.
Family above everything.

Cavanaughs attached great significance to familial relationships; family was above all money and power.

And Adrian was no exception.

He followed those principles and values all his years, giving a piece of his heart to his family.
The same family who was holding him at gunpoint.

One by one, all of his most trusted people were betraying him, betraying the trust he had built over the years.

And that was driving him crazy.

"Why?! Why would you, why would you a-all of you do that?! We're family! And family sticks together, dammit!" Adrian screamed, his hoarse voice fading into sobs, as tears streamed down his cheek.

Reign looked at the boy breaking down in front of her, desperately trying to hide her shaking hands behind her back.

Xavier's hand trembled. He didn't want to hurt his brother. It already tortured him to hold a gun against Adrian's head.

He couldn't shoot.

That was his brother, his family. But he trusted Reign. She wouldn't hurt him, whether it be physically or emotionally.

"You need to calm down, Adrian. There's no need to get excited. Now, would you like to have some tea?" Reign asked, walking towards him. Adrian's breath hitched, a wave of terror spreading through him. But then he laughed.

"What are you going to do, Reign White? Poison me? Go on, do it, sister." He spat, his eyes glaring at her with  immense hatred.

Reign chuckled, her melodious voice spreading in the room, as Adrian felt chills. She looked at him with dark eyes, holding his jaw, making him look up at her.