Chapter 11 : Fireflies and Stars

10th July-

"Manik, yeh kya ho gaya?! Nandini screeched.

"Don't irritate me yaar! Help me fix it or keep quiet." Manik snapped in an irritated tone.

It was a normal, not too sunny afternoon, the monsoon had not fully set in and Manik had taken Nandini out for a 'trek' because he suddenly felt sporty.

"Fine. But I told you, this was not the right route. Lekin nahi! Women are bad with directions na!" Nandini mocked him.

Manik didn't reply because he was at fault. He just took out the stepney and placed it on the ground.

"Kya zarurat hai yahan aane ki? You are not into such things na? Tumhe hai proper five star yaa phir seven star hotel main rehna hota hai." Nandini taunted.

"Change doesn't hurt anyone. Tumhe pasand hai na yeh sab." Manik said.

"Yeah...but...anyway! Let's fix the tyre quickly. This road looks shady." Nandini said, looking around  quickly helped Manik fix the wheel.

After ten minutes, they washed their dirty hands and satback in the car. Manik took a U-turn and they continued their journey. In 45 minutes, they reached their destination.

"This village is so pretty, Manik! Wow, look at the cleanliness." Nandini said, admiring the beauty.

"It is better than I thought. Hopefully the place we'll stay in will be decent."

"Forget your luxury for a day Mr. Malhotra. A true village experience coming your way." Nandini said and walked with the guide, who told her about the village.

They finally reached a simple cottage, which was for visitors.

"Not a lot of privacy, but okay." Manik said, looking at the small houses nearby.

"We are not going to have sex here, Manik." Nandini said with a poker face.

"Woh toh hum dekh hi lenge." Manik said, slightly slapping her ass.

"Manik!" Nandini slapped his arm in retaliation, blushing furiously.

"Chill bro. Let's sleep for sometime." Manik said, pulling her to the bed.

"Manik, let's go out na!"

"It's 11 AM right now. We'll sleep and go out for lunch."

"Fine." Nandini slipped into the bed with Manik.

Surprisingly, she fell asleep before Manik did and Manik was giddy as heck with excitement and nervousness, so he couldn't sleep.

-----

Evening, 6 PM.

"Manik, is it really a good idea to go for a trek in the evening?" Nandini asked, tying her shoelaces.

"It's safe yaa. I have it covered." Manik said, reassuring her for the nth time that evening.

"Lekin-"

"Nandini, life main alag experiences zaroori hai. Let go of your inhibitions. Just come." Manik said, picking up his backpack.

"Okay fine, philosopher Malhotra." Nandini got up and went outside the cottage.

Manik opened the bag and made sure the ring was in there when Nandini was not looking.

"All the best, Manik Malhotra." He wished himself and set out for the 'trek'.

One and a half hours later.

"This is fun. Aur kitna jaana hai?" Nandini asked the guide.