Monster (2/4) || 15

⚠️ W A R N I N G ⚠️

!! triggering content !!
!! trauma (both physical and mental) !!
!! panic attack !!
!! selective mutism (as a ptsd symptom) !!

×××××××

"it's alright, take your time. i'm here." jungkook says before hanging up. a smile plays on his lips as he glances at the bag of happy meals in his hand, knowing his sister will give him a big hug for bringing her favourite meal that she anticipates every time hoping for a different toy figurine than what she has already collected.

his empty hand unlocks the door and he enters inside, keeping the keys on the table while making his way to living room. he was about to call out for her, although the mess he met hit him too hard, his voice felt lost bewteen the heavy uneasiness clenching his heart almost making it stop for a moment.

"aera..." a whisper hushes out into the air, letting go of the bag with food. his feet rush towards the couch, where there's a mess around and aera is laying still, her favourite recent dress opened but still on her, however not covering up much of her body.

a wave of fear washes over the brother on meeting his fourteen-year-old sister like that. his throat feels tight and eyes hold tears as bends near her, taking her in his embrace, realising that she's conscious when the girl lets out a soft sigh.

"w-what happened, aera?" he's scared to know the answer. a tear leaves his eye as he looks around her, the mess sends a cold shiver of disgust and fear at the same time.

"oppa..." aera whispers, making him look at her face instantly, "i- i'm hurt..."

"i'm so sorry" he whispers, pulling her into a warm hug, being the safest place she could ask for right now. "wh-who was it?" his voice sounds more angry this time as he gulps the lump forming in his throat.

he waits for a bit, however a response never comes. aera has her eyes closed as a tear slips down from her cheek, getting absorbed in the fabric of his hoodie. he winces softly, seeing the bruises, belt marks and bite marks on her pale skin, on the shoulder, near the ribs and her abdomen.

"whoever did this to you, will suffer." he says, determined of his words. jungkook wipes his tears and buttons up aera's dress, realising how it was torn at some places probably due to trying to undo the buttons too harshly. he puts a jacket over her and carries her in his arms, heading out to his car.

his eyes are fixed on the street, driving to the hospital while ears are focused on the ringing sound from his phone. it ends soon, and is replaced by a sigh,

"what happened jungk-"

"hyung" jungkook had decided not to cry, but hearing jimin's voice made him sob at once, "aera... i'm taking her to the h-hospital, hyung she's hurt, it looks like... like an assault."

"what?"

"get there please, i don't know how to explain anything... just please get to the hospital."

"we're getting there, don't worry okay?"

jungkook hums faintly, blinking his teary eyes, glancing back at his sister's sleeping baby face. he rubs his eyes, pulling in front if the hospital building and carries aera again, rushing inside where a few staff people assist him on seeing the kid unconscious.

jungkook was sitting alone on the grey bench in the hallway when he heard his hyungs' voices. all looking utterly confused and stressed from jungkook's previous words.

"what happened?" jimin asks. jungkook stares at him and shakes his head, letting his tears flow as he hugs the elder brother tightly.

"she's so young hyung... why are people like this? y'know when i saw her, she couldn't even move or open her eyes... th-there's bruises and b-bite marks, hyung. i- i don't know what-"