Chapter 3: Burying the Past

3rd Pov

Rias: (Y/N)...

(Y/N) gave a small jump when he felt Rias' hand touch his shoulder. He looked up to meet Rias' eyes, and his eyes were dull as if the fire behind them had been burned to nothing but embers.

(Y/N): What do you want?

Rias: Your mother allowed me to enter your cabin so I could talk to you, she said nobody had ever seen this before.

(Y/N): That's because nobody has ever seen me like this before, after I ran from the Titans I was like this, but nobody saw because nobody found me in the Labyrinth.

Rias: But you got revenge on the person who tried to kill you, shouldn't you be happy.

(Y/N): Because I've never been a man of vengeance, and on the off chance that I have gotten it before, the high of it always wares of too soon. But this time, I didn't even feel that high after defeating Issei.

Rias looked at him sympathetically. She knew this was all her fault for his current emotions: she was the one who resurrected Issei, so (Y/N) had to face him.

(Y/N): After all these years, I never thought I would see him again, I thought I had buried him in my past.

Rias: It's all because of me, I never should have resurrected Issei, I was even doubtful at first. I only resurrected him because I wanted the power of the Red Dragon Emperor to defeat Riser. Over time, I grew to like Issei, he even helped me find someone to fill the role of my second bishop. (Y/N) listened and gave a dry chuckle.

(Y/N): Well, I guess you can find a good monster everyone and a while. But I don't blame you one bit, you were desperate to be out of that marriage, in the short time I had seen Riser, he did give off the 'asshole' impression.

Rias gave a giggle at the demigods jokes, hearing Rias giggle made (Y/N) blush a little, and caused some light to return to his eyes. Luckily for him, the darkness of the room combined with the dim light of the hearth hid his blush well. The two sat in silence, but instead of it being awkward, it was comforting. With the comforting atmosphere of the room combined with the events of the day catching up to them, they became tired and outright exhausted.

(Y/N): Well, it's about time you returned back to Kouh, your peerage is probably wondering where you are.

Rias simply nodded and stood up, while creating a teleportation sigil on the ground.

(Y/N): One last thing: I know we can't convince either my mother or your brother to call off the engagement between you and me, so I at least hope was can find some way to make this work.

Rias looked back at him with a slight shock and blushed a little when she saw the sincere smile on his face. She look to be thinking for a few seconds before a smile crept its way onto her face and she looked at him.

Rias: You know what, I would love to get to know you more.

She made her teleportation circle disappear as created another, smaller one at her ear and one over her mouth. (Y/N) couldn't hear what she was saying because of the circle over her mouth. After a few minutes, both circles disappeared and she looked a (Y/N) with a smile, she saw the confused look on his face and explained.

Rias:  I just informed my peerage that I won't be returning to Kouh until tommorrow.

(Y/N): Why, are you going back to the underworld?

Rias once again giggled, this time at the demigod's obliviousness.

Rias: No silly, I'm staying here with you, you obviously need some company after what had happened.

(Y/N): I-If you insist, you can have the bed since it's the only one, and I'll sleep on the floor.

Rias: No, I couldn't be rude and take the bed as I am a guest, especially because I just sprung this on you. Could we maybe sh-share the bed?

(Y/N) looked at her with surprise written over his face, but he quickly shook it off.

(Y/N): Alright then, we can share the b...

(Y/N) was caught off guard as he looked back at Rias to see her stripping.

(Y/N): RIAS! What are you doing?!

Rias looked a (Y/N) with a shy smile on her face as she explained.

Rias: I can't sleep unless I'm in the nude, no matter what, I'm always too hot in anything I sleep in.

(Y/N): I-I-I guess that's understandable, cuz I sleep *mutters*

Rias: What did you say, you got too quiet.

(Y/N): I sleep in nothing but my boxers!

Rias once again giggled at his confession as she saw (Y/N)'s face was redder than her hair.

Rias: Well I'm fine with that, as long as you are.

With that, (Y/N) turned away and began to strip as Rias finished striping. The Rias got into the bed and under the covers as (Y/N) was in nothing but his boxers.

Rias: You can turn around now, I'm covered.

(Y/N) turned around and walked towards the bed where Rias was laying. He blushed as he climbed into the bed with Rias. At first, the two were laying in the bed facing away from each other. Then Rias turned to face (Y/N)'s back.

Rias: Um, would you be comfortable if we spooned each other?

(Y/N) turned over to face her with a somehow even deeper blush on his face:

(Y/N): I-I-If th-that's what you w-want.

(Y/N) opened his arms to invite Rias into his embrace. Rias gave a blushing smile as she scooted closer and into (Y/N)'s arms as she wrapped hers around him. (Y/N) closed his arms around her was Rias buried her head in the crook of his neck.

Rias: Goodnight (Y/N)

(Y/N): Goodnight Rias

With those final words to each other, they drifted off into the realm of Morpheus.

(Later)

The fire in the hearth flares up as a figure steps out of it, revealed to be Hestia. She had come to check on (Y/N) and Rias because she had not heard anything from either of them. The sound of light snoring drew her attention to the bed, where she saw the two asleep, cuddling each other. Hestia was at first shocked at the sight before a warm smile found it's home on her face.

Hestia:*thoughts* I just knew those two would get along well, and at this rate, I'll have grandchildren in no time. *Squeal*

Hestia walked back into the hearth in the room and teleported away back to Olympus, leaving the new couple to their well-earned rest.

(Probably one of the shortest chapters I'll write. (Y/N) will be meeting the rest of Rias' peerage in the next chapter, along with an old friend. And I apologize if I am moving the romance along too fast in this story, I'm working with 3 out of the 4 seasons here. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will post a new one tomorrow, or if I get bored enough, today.)

-Ralwof_Kram