48. sick and twisted

Chapter 48

Oriya Deronte

It takes me a second to understand what just happened. The second after his body hits the ground every bone in my body goes into survival mode. I scramble to find the lights and slam them on as I wonder who sits in the dark, ready to kill me next.

I turn around to see none other than Vincent Laurent, sitting on my living room couch. Both his hands were full.  One with a rose and another with a gun. I wasn't sure which one was for me right now.

We lock eyes and emotions rise all over the place. The air in the room gets tense and I look between the hole in the guy's head and the man who caused it. Out of every thing I was feeling, anger seemed to take the win.

"What the fuck?" I glare at him.

He shrugs, "He was touching you."

Lord give me strength because I was about to fucking lose it. He had the audacity to be here and shoot someone over touching me as if he gave a single fuck. I take a deep breath in, debating if I want to play with fire or not.

In the end, I decide I do.

"And I liked it." I throw a shoulder at him.

The air in the room thickens and I realize what I had just done. I basically handed him the gun, took it off safety, pointed it to my head and said, 'Hey! Shoot me!' like some happy, jolly bitch.

He only smiles which just scares the living shit out of me. A second later, it all vanishes and his jaw ticks. His fists clench at the sides and he runs the tongue along the side of his mouth, nodding his head.

"You like him touching you?" He said, daring me to say yes. Daring me to test him and see what he would do.

Now, I was never one to be scared of someone. Especially a man. But the one sitting in front of me didn't look like someone I should mess with right now. I knew what he was capable of and I'd be damned if I would be his next victim.

I shake my head, "No." I chose life.

He smiles, scaring me even more, "That's not what I heard."

I roll my eyes, "Why the fuck do you even care?"

"I don't." He says, looking away from me.

"Then why are you here? Leave." I sigh.

I was tired of this. I was tired of his mixed signals. One day, I was one of the only people he could tolerate, the next he hated me with every fibre of his being. I just wanted a straight answer about how he felt about me.

His face turns into a hard glare, "Why? So you can fuck someone else?" He slams his fist down, making me slightly jump.

I take a deep breath in, "Let me get one thing straight Vincent. I'll fuck whoever I want,  whenever I want." He bites the inside of his cheek and I continue, "You have no place in my life to tell me I can't."

"I'd like to see you try." He laughs, "I'll kill him before his lips touch yours."

I click my tongue in frustration, "Why are you acting like this? Leave me the fuck alone."

He doesn't say anything, only remains quiet. I take that moment to continue, "Tell me Vincent. You said you hated me didn't you? Then why the fuck are you here, worrying about who I'm with?"

"I don't care. I jus- I don't fucking know. I don't care." He struggles to answer me. He stands up and his chest goes up and down, taking heavy breaths.

"Why the hell are you even so mad? You told me you hated me and didn't give two shits when I left." I throw my hands in the air.

His jaw and fists clench. His eyes show an internal war he's having with himself and it seems he's come to a decision about what won.