#34 Graduation Fuck You's

~ Dead Man Walking -  Brent Faiyaz ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

GREY'S POV

"Stop shaking, you've graduated before," Emmett reminds me. I roll my eyes. Graduating high school again is the least of my worries right now. Not that I'm worried. "Where's your cap and gown?"

I shrug. "I'm not wearing that shit," I mutter. I did it once and never again. There's no backstory to why I won't wear one, just what's the point?

"You should be proud and excited," Emmett says as he lights a blunt between his teeth.

"Why're you even here again?" I grumble. I just need my diploma and to get the fuck out of here.

Emmett laughs, handing me the blunt. I take it, resting it between my lips as I inhale and exhale. "Because I'm your guardian angel. I have to watch my boy graduate!" He reaches his hand out and rubs my head.

I push him off of me yet can't help laughing at him. "Whatever. I'm just ready to get the fuck out of here." This honestly all might've been for nothing. I don't even know if I want to go back to school again in the fall or ever for that matter.

"Where are you heading this time? Vegas? France? We could hit up Peru," Emmett suggests.

I shake my head and point towards the crowd. "Wherever she's headed. I'm not losing this one," I exhale before handing him back the blunt. I watch the bright smile across Harley's face as she talks with Oliver, Camryn and our parents.

"That's what you're so stressed about? Trust me, she's not going anywhere," he assures. I shake my head and move my arm slightly so I'm pointing at Oliver.

"Once he finds out, game over. He's going to flip his shit now that I know he's fucking in love with her."

Emmett's jaw drops. "What do you mean?" Right, I didn't tell him yet.

"Last night he came into my room drunk after the fucking party and explained how in love with Harley he is and how he plans on asking her out after the graduation ceremony during lunch before the party." I knew he liked her. I knew it, I just didn't want to admit it.

"You're fucked. What're you going to do?"

Either way he's going to be pissed. "Wait until he gets over her then tell him." Emmett nods slowly but I can tell he wants to say something. "What?"

He shrugs and shakes his head. "Won't it be worse the longer he waits. Or what if he keeps trying to get at her or Harley eventually gives in-"

"She won't," I cut him off before he could even finish.

"Grey. It's Harley." I look at Emmett. "You know what I mean." He's right, I do.

Harley does a lot of dumb shit like how she slept with Oliver, didn't invite us to her birthday and sucked off Luca. She might even agree with Oliver out of pity, because she feels bad. She promised to set boundaries but it's clear she hasn't yet.

"Look, today's graduation which means our "trial" or whatever starts right after. I can actually take her out on a date now. If I have to deal with Oliver myself, I will."

I may not show it but I've been dying to take Harley out on a date. I don't care where. I don't want to have to wait to kiss her in private. To lie about why I got caught staring at her during school. Deny every time someone asks me about her.

I'm going crazy with all the guys after her. I've beat up 11 guys who said something about getting with her. Not that she needs to know that.

Her eyes connect with mine from across the field and her smile widens. An eyebrow dips as she points to her cap and gown. I shake my head. I'm not wearing that shit. She shakes her head, turning away back to her parents.