✍Jaeigh

~

  No, I cannot be thinking about things like this.  I reprimanded myself and put back the portrait.  

  That evening, I took Jaeigh to his mother, it was refreshing to see Kira being a loving mother.  The courage she showed to fight for her son made me admire her as a person.

"Thank you, your majesty--".    She said with tears in her eyes.

"Just call me 'Jared'".   I corrected her.

Bianca who had been standing beside Kira with her arms folded finally spoke up.
"And your wife? Are we going to sweep her sins under the rug?"

"I assure you that actions are being taken at the moment. Hector is on his way to Aakh, everything will be fine".

"Better".  She said bluntly.

"I shall return to Konland, Kora must need me, and Edrin funeral rites cannot take place without me".

"I shall go with you".

"Now, your majes-- Jared. You stay with Sunia".  Said Kira.

"Edrin was a brother to me too. You cannot ask me not to go".   I insisted.

She said nothing.  "You are right, I am sorry".   

"Kee, come on then, we'll take the white carriage with the boys".

"Alright, thank you, Bee".

   They left with Jaeigh and Cedric; Bianca and Hector's son. 

...

By nightfall, I returned to the castle and once again, regretted not bringing Sun with me.

I met Jo standing on the bannister on the third story balcony...

"Jo! What are you doing?! Get down from there!!".

"You found the boy and sent him back to her! I will never forgive you, Jared! I will never forgive you for ruining my plans! And that little talkative, she does not want me as her mother... I hate every one of you!"

"Jo, listen to me. Come down, please. We can talk this out, I promise".

"You are going to have me locked up like you always do, aren't you?"

"No, certainly not. You are my wife.".  
I continued to persuade her. I would not want Sun to witness her mother's death, it would scar her for life.

Jo finally let me bring her down from the bannister. I carried her in my arms to my bedroom and laid her down, she was quite exhausted and slept off instantly. 

  I went to Sun with my hands holding my ears as a sign of apology.

"I won't talk to you, you chose mama over me!".    She mumbled while wiping her teary eyes.

"It's not like that, my child. I love you both."

"But mama hates me! She strikes me every chance she gets".

"I am sorry about that. Please, forgive her--"

"Take me to my room, I want to sleep".  She demanded.

"My little princess is angry with papa".
I laughed and started tickling her, it works every time. She giggled.
I took her to her room.  "Would you love to go with papa to Konland?"

"Is that where Jaeigh and Aunty Kira lives?".  She asked excitedly.

"Yes"

"I will come with you".   She gave her reply even before the words left my mouth.