008

nova — peter parker

chapter eight: opening up ( way too quickly )

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The pair ventured to the store and back to Arabella's apartment. Peter had gushed the whole journey, and he was so incredibly out of it that Arabella had paid for his containers. He didn't notice until she handed him the plastic bag filled with the product and its receipt. Then, he frantically tried to pull her back into the store to pay for them himself, only stopping when she lightly sizzled his skin with her magic.

     "Wow . . ." Peter dragged his singular word of awe out, looking around her apartment. He seemed ecstatic to be in an Avenger's presence, never mind their house.

     It was a small ( surprisingly, considering Tony purchased it ) home but equally as welcoming and comforting as his own apartment. Her kitchenette was spacious and barely used; the Maximoff only knew how to make hot cocoa and microwavable popcorn, so she commonly ordered takeout from the Thai joint across the street. Her living room was also relatively tiny. A small flatscreen television and various modern artworks adorned the wall, and some framed newspaper articles regarding her heroics in Sokovia and New York. There were two doors left; one to the left and one to the right. Peter assumed that these doors led to her bedroom and bathroom.

     "Welcome to my humble abode," Arabella laughed nervously, still on edge about the situation that she had gotten herself into ( oops! ). She let her Sokovian accent slip between her words, which she'd picked up from robbers that bestowed her as more serious and defensive.

     "It's nice," Peter voiced, withdrawing his eyes from the countless plants scattered around her residence and bringing them to meet her eyes.

     "Okay. Sit." Arabella gestured to the beige armchair in her living room. "Do you want anything to drink? Like, tea?" She didn't know of many American drinks, only knowing tea because she loved the refreshment when she lived in Sokovia.

     "I'll have water, please," Peter politely smiled, not wanting to ask too much of the Maximoff since she was already doing so much for him.

     After Arabella had filled up a glass of water and made her signature hot chocolate, she immediately got right to the topic.

     "All right. Start from the beginning. How'd you get your power? In full detail, please."

     Peter heavily sighed, readying himself up to tell his tale. "I was on a field trip with my science class. We went to Oscorp, which is basically this huge science company that got shut down a while ago. So they had this program with radioactive spiders, and one of them escaped from the tank, or whatever they were in . . . Anyways! They got out, and one of them bit me while I was taking pictures for the yearbook. I just slapped it off, so it died.