Chapter 108

"his heat is disappearing by the minute." you alert before taking your fingers away from your temple, staring ahead with irritation.

"he's gaining on us."

"don't worry." izuku grips your thighs tighter. "we're not letting him get away. now hold on."

"i noticed something, and i have a plan."

"they're on my tail.." gentle looks back at you two before using his quirk to get more speed.

you hold on tighter than you were holding onto the helicopter back at i-island once izuku takes his hands off you. you squint your eyes to prevent your contacts from drying out as more wind hits your face and throws your hair back.

'earlier, he lost his footing because of my air bullets. in order to recover from that and land, he put up two air membranes.'

izuku steadies his fingers and grits his teeth in concentration. gentle's already landed on the ground and puts up another air disk to act as a shield to deflect izuku's attack.

'on the tree!'

when izuku jumps from gentle's air disk, he holds his hands out and yells out your cue.

"y/n now!"

activating your quirk, you make your sphere of lightning in the second that a new air disk was suddenly made.

"he didn't break out of your trap because it was weak, he broke out of it because he output more air to diminish your lightning."

with a yell, you put more lightning into it than usual before sending it towards the disk.

"if he can do that to your lightning, it goes both ways and that means you can do it to his air."

so make sure your charged shot is more powerful than ever!

just as izuku predicted, your lightning smashes the newly made air disk into pieces. right after it does, izuku flicks his fingers and sends his air attack straight to gentle, effectively hitting him in the place he wanted it to hit. that's when you jump from izuku and swipe your arm to make your lines of lightning immobilize again, this time making sure they're stronger than last time.

"don't resist!" izuku stands up. "please, just give up."

"it'll only be harder for you." you also stand up. now that it's over, you hold your hand up and have a mini celebration with izuku who gives you a high-five.

but by the time, you and your partner will be in jail.

"no..gentle..?"

at the sound of the voice, you and izuku look towards the trees where the shade of pink stands out clearly amongst the green.

"oh great..i forgot about her.." you cross your arms.

"the usual gentle would've run away when he was discovered..."

"we'll hand you two over to the police." izuku also crosses his arms.

"...i love you."

'excuse me?' you look at brava in confusion.

"thank you, la brava."

you and izuku side eye each other in awkwardness. it's not until you hear lightning surge that you put your attention back on the two. when pink mist starts to spurt from gentle, you both go on high alert.

"what is that?" izuku whispers.

"wish i knew.." you slowly shake your head.

gentle starts to stand up, creating the sound of your lightning cackling loudly as if it were fighting back to keep the criminal on the ground.