chapt 4 • Forbidden

"You're failing half of your lectures, we send you here to help you and you can't even help yourself" Father scolds me on the phone while I sit in the tub filled with cocoa smelling bubbles around me

"Lovely to hear from you as well father" I close my eyes, almost picturing him gripping the phone tightly at my sarcastic tone.

Father hadn't called since I got here, and now he was yelling through the phone because I've been failing out on lectures.

"Honey, this is serious. If you don't start passing lectures, you'll be there for another year" I open my eyes and stand from the tub, grabbing my towel and entering my room.

"There is no way in hell, I'll be here for another year" I grow frustrated with father.

"Then I suggest you start passing your lectures" He hangs up and lean my head back onto the bed, with a irritated groan. I moisturize my body and put on my uniform before leaving my room.

I passed Charolette who was busy staring at her lecture notes until she felt me pass by her. I entered Carter's office knowing it piss him off for me not knocking.

"Ms. Rose, please wait for me allow you in next time" I ignored him, shutting the door and standing in front of his desk which made him take off and close his glasses.

"You're failing me for what? I attend all my lectures!" Carter just blankly stares at me.

"If you had read over our terms, you would have known. Attending lectures also includes passing them to lower your stay here, if we see you are improving" he further on explains and I find my hands clenching at my sides.

"That's a load of bullshit!"

"Language Ms. Rose, I still have the authority on whether to allow you to spend your weekend out in town or stay back and catch up on the many lectures you've missed this week" he cleans glasses and puts them back on.

"I suggest you get to studying, I would definitely hate to extend your stay" he opens his small bible and begins to read, my blood seems to boil as I stand in front of his desk.

With anger everywhere throughout my body, I leave his office in a hurry. With the slam of the door, I bump into a hard chest and the sound of books come crashing down the floor.

I was yet again met with soft brown eyes beneath round glasses. The familiar tint on his face and a frown on his lips at the fallen books.

I hadn't ran into Alessio since he ran out on me in the library, it was almost as if he was avoiding me. The only time I saw him was when he was rushing past the hall to get to his next lecture.

I bent down to gather his books. "S-Sorry, I should pay m-more attention" he speaks, taking the book back into his grasp. When my hand brushes over his, he pulls away quickly as if I had just burned him.