forty-three - "The wedding night."

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
a few weeks later...
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

Palace workers were decorating the palace with white roses and tulips, Yeonbyul's favourite flowers. The seats were decorated with baby's breath flowers and there were candles on the table. Guests from other kingdoms and countries came, walking towards the formal hall.

Sunghoon was already there, greeting the guests in his wedding suit. Jake kept glancing at him, whispering and teasing about him to his wife. The North King noticed and glared at his friend, telling him to cut it off.

Meanwhile, in Yeonbyul's bedroom, the future Queen was nervous as hell. She put on the dress and mumbled nonsense nervously, thinking about all the possible ways for the wedding to be ruined. The door opened and Mrs Seo walked in, checking her daughter.

"You look so beautiful!"

Yeonbyul turned around and saw her mother with her son, Minhwan. She smiled and took a deep breath. Her hands were sweating from trembling so much. Mrs Seo held both of her shoulders, "Calm down, Yeonbyul. It will be fine. You should be nervous about your wedding night."

The daughter glared at her mother, "My what night?"

"Nevermind."

"You're right! I never had sex before. Not even once. I'm a virgin. What if I embarrass myself in front of Sunghoon? Then, he'll laugh at me and tease me about it for the rest of my life. Should I search for a tutorial- no I shouldn't do that."

"Calm down. I'm sure he'll lead. And don't search for the tutorial. It's kinda weird," her mother said, cringing at the tutorial part.

"Well, he did bring a girl in when he was staying at the South palace."

Just thinking about the moment made her jealous, she was afraid that the girl who he slept with would come to the wedding. Her mother fixed the gown for her, dusting off the dress.

"Let's go. The guests are waiting."

She took a deep breath and looked at her brother in surprise as he held her hand to comfort her and calm her down. She couldn't help but smile, tightening the grip.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

She walked down the aisle slowly, seeing Sunghoon standing next to the priest. It felt the same as before, except that the groom was smiling. She stopped and faced him. He mouthed, You look beautiful, quietly at her. She blushed and faced the priest.

"We are gathered here today for the lovely wedding of His Majesty, King Park Sunghoon, and Lady Park Yeonbyul."

Heeseung kept a straight face as he watched the couple looked at each other, smiling. When he was getting married to Yeonbyul, they both were facing each other but tried to avoid making eye contact, looking anywhere in the room but each other. Haesun, on the other hand, was glaring and folding her arms. She didn't understand why Heeseung didn't want to marry her earlier.

She felt jealous that Yeonbyul got to marry a handsome guy like Sunghoon. She looked at her spouse and frowned, When I get rid of you and got the power all to myself, I'm going to get rid of that ex-wife of yours.

Sunghoon and Yeonbyul read their vows and the priest announced them as husband and wife.

"You may kiss the bride."

Yeonbyul always wondered what it felt like to kiss after she became the wife of someone. Would Sunghoon kiss her lips or her forehead like Heeseung did? She didn't know. She closed her eyes and waited, clenching her bouquet tightly out of nervousness.

The North King smiled and leaned forward before letting their lips meet. The guests stood up from their seats and applauded, cheering for the new royal wedded couple. They both pulled away and smiled at the guests, linking arms with each other.

Heeseung frowned when he saw Yeonbyul's happy face. He sighed and left the hall, walking towards the garden where the tables and buffets were prepared.

゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩
┊ ┊ ┊ ✫
┊ ┊ ✩
┊ ⊹ ✯

The wedding ended and the dreadful moment has finally arrived. It was their wedding night. Yeonbyul found out that royal couples of the North sleeps together in the same room. She was so used to sleeping in different rooms with Heeseung that she had forgotten about sharing rooms with a husband.

Sunghoon was already in the room, waiting for her arrival. She walked back and forth in front of the room, coming up with ideas of what would happen.

What should I do? I don't want to go in. But I have to because the palace workers are looking at me weirdly now. Ah, what should I do?!

The door opened, revealing the husband in a bathrobe, "What are you doing outside?"

"I was just... Umm... Fresh air?"

He chuckled and leaned against the entrance, watching her. She looked at him and scoffed, "Why are you staring at me like that? I know I look like a mess right now. I'm just too tired after the wedding."

"Let's shower together," his words earned the maids' attention. They all squealed to each other about him before leaving to let them have their privacy. Yeonbyul frowned, "They can hear you, you know?"

"What's wrong with that? We're married."

She walked in and rolled her eyes, "I'm sure you've said that to a lot of girls before. I don't want to imagine how many girls you've showered with. You can go first."

She took off all the hairpins in her hair that were making her head heavy and dizzy. He chuckled as he approached her and helped her, holding the hairpins.

"I've slept with a lot of girls. Why? Jealous?" He teased. She sighed and turned around before grabbing him by the collar of the robe, "No I'm not. I also...have...slept with a lot of...guys?"

It came out like a question instead of a statement. She turned around to avoid his gaze as she acted like she was rummaging through her bags. He pushed her onto the bed and pinned her before hovering over her, "Then, I'm sure you're quite an expert to lead then?"

"What?! No!" She pushed him and scurried to the bathroom, locking herself in there.

He laid on the bed and laughed, staring at the ceiling.