CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

I'M OKAY.

"I'm so happy your back sweetie." Mom  tells me. "I am too." I give her a small smile. I am glad I'm sitting with my whole family just enjoying dinner. But at the the same time it's kinda of weird. We haven't done this in years and I honestly didn't think we'd ever get the chance to do it again. Can you blame me? It was awful last time. My train of thoughts are soon interrupted by the ring of my phone. Before I try to see who it is I feel every single pair of eyes on me. "Guys I know what your thinking but it's not who you think it is, So you can stop trying to kill my phone with your Lazer eyes." I say turning the phone towards them. And I see them visibly relax after they see the caller ID. I roll my eyes at them finally picking up the caller. "Hey Papa, How are you?" I smile greeting him. I can't exactly excuse myself for some privacy because of my leg so I'm just going to continue. "I'm fine Baby. How are you?" He replies. Before I can reply I hear muffled conversations at the end of the phone. He sighs before he says "your mama wants me to tell you that she's coming to see you tomorrow." " And she loves you." He adds. "I certainly don't know why she didn't tell you this when she called you." He grumbles making me giggle. "Tell her I'll be waiting for her and I love her too." I say. "I think she heard you. Baby how are you doing? Are they treating you alright?" He asked. Oh papa why would you ask that? I clear my throat before I speak. "Uhmmm ye-yeah their treating me okay you don't have to worry." I answer. "Are you sure?" He propped gently. "Yeah, Papa I'm okay don't worry." I assure him. "Okay Baby, Good night" He says. "Good night papa." I smile hanging up. In the corner of my eye i see everyone stopped to listen. "So what makes him think we wouldn't treat you right." Dad asks. Oh boy.

Dante's pov

I can't believe that man would think so low of us. How dare he think we wouldn't take care of our own sister. I get where his coming from, but she forgave us, So why is he still holding it over our heads.

Heather's pov

A nervous laugh comes out of my mouth. "It's nothing his just overly protective of me." I face the mashed potatoes right in front of me. "But why would he assume we wouldn't take care of you." Dante asked. "I don't want to bring it up but you haven't done better in the past." I say looking at him. He winces at my words. "I know we're all turning a new leaf but you guys just have to understand that they don't fully trust you yet. It's going to take a whole lot of convincing them that you've changed." I sigh. "Why should we prove ourselves to them it's not like it's them we want." Mason says. Earning a small glare from me. "Yeah I know but they were the first people that truly showed me family affection apart from mom and Josh. Those guys will always be my first family if you don't like it then you're just going to have to deal with it. If you want me your going to have to pass through them first." I tell him. I just lost my appetite after this. I'm not going to sit here and let them question my family like they've been saints. I don't give them a chance to react before I turn to face Josh. "Bear can you please take me upstairs." He nods getting up. No one says anything as I leave the table. "You know they didn't mean to upset you bubble." He says slowly. "I know." I sigh.

*****
I hear a knock on the door. Telling whoever it is to come in. My brother's come in. "Before you say anything we just wanted to tell you that we're really sorry we didn't mean to upset you." Dante apologizes. I narrow my eyes at them for a minute before I say. "It's okay." I give them a small smile. I see them all let out a breathe of relief. "I thought we messed up real bad." Mason says. "I think we're already passed that stage." I tease. "Anyhoo we're going to go now. Will see you tomorrow you must be tired." Dante says walking over to kiss me goodnight. Mason follows doing the same. "Goodnight guys." I smile. Once I hear the door close I slump back on the bed releasing a long sigh.

****

I snuggle more into the warmth of my pillow releasing a satisfied sigh. This pillow feels different. It's feels all warm and big it really smells nice it kinda smells like Ace which is odd I don't remember it smelling like him last night. Or maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me I just miss him a lot. "I miss you Ace." I subconsciously speak out. "I'm glad you missed me." He says. Great now I'm hearing voices. "Doll open your eyes for me." I slowly open eyes to see a smiling Ace staring Back at me. "Hey Baby," I whisper. "Hey." He says back moving closer to me so we're face to face. "How are you here?" I asked. "Well I really missed you and couldn't wait to see you so I came but you were still asleep so I just decided to join you." I shake my head amused. I love this man. Wait wait my eyes widen in shock. Did I just admit that to myself. "Hey. Were did you go?" His eyes search my face worriedly. "I'm sorry I just spaced out a little." I give him a smile. "I'm I boring you." He asked teasingly. "You definitely are." I tease back. "Oh you done it now." He flips us over so that his on top of me. I don't get to say anything before I'm attacked. "Oh! Stop tickling me Ace I'm so sorry!" I shout in between laughs. But he doesn't and continues to torture me. I gasp Trying to pull in some air. "Say your sorry and that you didn't mean it at all." I raise my hands and call quits. "Fine I'm sorry I didn't mean it at all." I say trying not to laugh. He smirks his eyes dancing with satisfaction. I huff in irritation. "I'm so sorry baby." He smiles. But I don't give in. He gives my neck light kisses. "I'm sorry baby." Giving me a little pout. Oh wow. "I forgive you." I give out a little giggle. "I really missed you." He whispers closely. I smile pressing our foreheads together. I wrap my arms around his neck. I really missed this. "I missed you so much more."

I was a bit stuck on this chapter I didn't know how to finish it but it's finally done.
I hope you enjoy 🦋🦋💖