XXXV.

Chapter Thirty Five.

Monday.

"Aight Tez, what about Cailyn? You smashing or passing?" Malachi asked his teammate as they stood in the boys locker room. The school day ended at 3:00 and it was now 3:30, which meant the basketball team had practice. As they were changing into their practice attire, they decided to play smash or pass to keep themselves entertained.

"Which Cailyn, the one with the lazy eye or the one that's bald headed?" Tez questioned.

"Nigga, the bald headed one."

He thought about it for a second, before giving his answer. "Nigga, I'm smashing fasho! She might be bald but I'll hold on to her wig while I'm tearing up that cat!"

The locker room erupted into laughter as all the boys clowned Tez for the answer he chose. He laughed along with them and shrugged as he put on tennis shoes. "Aye, y'all laughing and I'm deadass."

"It's your turn Chi." Another boy by the name of Tyler said to Malachi.

"Aight, shoot." He said, pulling his shirt over his head.

"That fine ass girl Hailey, you smashing or passing?"Tyler asked.

All the boys let out an "oooh" sound and began talking about how attractive Hailey was.

"Don't she go out with that nigga Tanzania?" Somebody questioned.

"I think his name New Zealand." Another boy said.

"Mannn, I'll get her ass pregnant on some real shit. I'm smashing the fuck out her!" Malachi exclaimed.

Once again, the boys got rowdy and began agreeing with him.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but, don't you date somebody?" Tez questioned.

"Me and Arnecia ain't nothing serious." He waved him off.

"So if I tell her what you just said, she won't have a problem with it?"

Malachi's face then got serious, "Chill out." He said, causing Tez to laugh. "I'm just fucking wit' you."

Their coach, Coach Dennis, came in and it got silent. "I hear y'all having a good ole time in here. Have that same energy when it's time for the game on Friday. Now, get out there so we can start practice." He told them.

They all responded with yes sir, then finished getting dressed and exited the locker room one by one. As they did, Malachi noticed the cheerleaders were also in the gym. He saw Hailey sitting in the bleachers with a blank expression on her face. Even though she was suspended from the team at the moment, Coach P still allowed her to come and watch practice so that she wouldn't be behind when it came to learning new routines and tricks.

Hailey felt eyes on her, so she looked over and to her surprise, it was Malachi staring her down. Hailey didn't know him too well, she just knew he dated Niecey. She took in his appearance, noticing he had a wife beater and basketball shorts on. His tattoos stood out since they traveled down his toned, right arm.

Malachi licked his lips before shooting her a quick smile, showcasing his braces. Hailey raised a brow, before a small grin made its way onto her face. She then quickly removed it, and the blank expression that was there once before came back.

Coach P blew her whistle, catching Hailey's attention. "Ladies, we're going to move practice outside and let the guys practice in here since we took over the gym last time. Lets go."

All the girls began walking towards the side exit door of the gym, then left the building with Coach P right behind them.

Coach Dennis then blew his whistle. "Come on y'all, let's get a move on."