once upon a time - the enchantress

Once upon a time, there was a girl. She had this magic no one could compare to, but its roots lay somewhere dark. The girl was an enchantress, you see, and a powerful one at that. She had gotten this magic after a brutally hard conquest, but it only brought her despair in the end. 

The enchantress had fallen for someone, a beautiful someone indeed, so she vowed to love them and protect them and quickly became their friend. Together, they spent hours upon hours hidden in meadows and flowers, talking and laughing. All of that was all fun and well until she was told about their crush, the one they loved. A simple girl with no magic, but looks beyond compare and a personality like an angel. The enchantress was convinced she was the devil.

Oh, the lengths she went to to get rid of this girl, but nothing worked. Each little spell she cast backfired on her, leaving her simmering in rage. 

"What do I do?" She cried to the heavens, tears streaming down her delicate skin. "What does she have that I don't?"

But that was it, it wasn't something that she didn't have, but rather something she did. The enchantress had magic and the girl did not. She would beat her no matter the cost. 

Every Saturday morning she would go out and find willing men for her to experiment on until she had enough magic to overpower their love for the girl. After hours of training and fake smiles sent towards them, she tried again. And failed again .

Sent into a blind fury, she wreaked havoc on the town. Sending buildings ablaze, marriages cut short, and lives left forgotten. She was broken out of her blindness when she reached the girl. She was saying sweet nothings to her, begging for her to stop, but they fell on deaf ears. The enchantress enjoyed every second of this girl's death. Watching her body cripple in on itself, all the life draining from it. Every scream was like music to the enchantress' ears, but it wasn't t enough. She could feel the power flowing through her as each droplet of life was drained out of this girl's body. 

Then, a gunshot. They had shot her. They had shot her. 

She cackled. 

"Did you honestly think that would kill me?" Another fit of laughter, "Darling, I thought that without her we could finally be together."

Then, they laughed. "Why did you think this was the answer?" 

Her smile dropped and they aimed the gun higher up. "I hate you."

And the gunshot rang. She wasn't quick enough to stop it, her body too filled with despair. And that was the tragic story of the enchantress. 

~~~~~~

"Kol?" I asked, eyelids drooping lower and lower by the second. 

"Yes, darling?"

"Wasn't that meant to be a story from your childhood?" I said, confusion lacing my voice. 

He laughed, a whole-hearted laugh. Not a menacing one. Not an evil chuckle. An actual laugh.

"Darling, if I told you the real thing, I don't think you would have understood it, or be too scared to comprehend it." I let a small okay out before a yawn rippled up my throat.

"Got to sleep, darling." He said, noticing my tiredness, a stiffness seeming to wash over him. His eyes searching through mine.

"You better not leave me here, Mikaelson." He gave a small laugh, barely audible but still there amongst the noises of the trees. His lips quirked into a small, almost strained smile -- or was he trying to smile? Either way, his eyes drifted out to the scenery before us; his brown eyes focusing on something too far in the distance for me to comprehend.

"I'll try, no promises." His voice was hypnotic, the soft, sweet tones and the lowliness that came with his British drawl were enough to lure me in. With droopy eyes, I gave into the darkness of sleep.

A/N:

Hey guys! Here's the little story Kol tells Adi in the previous chapter; I just couldn't help myself :). Thank you all for the reads! It is such a magical moment when I look to see more people have read my work. Anyway, the next chapter might take a while to upload. The words are just slipping from me. If you guys have any ideas, feel free to comment them. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of your day!

Edit: Hi! Future me here! I just wanted to give a little notice about this chapter. I have changed the ending a little bit for the sake of I didn't want to convey the wrong thing and this was the best I could do. Chapter four is taking a while, we'll see how it goes on when I get it done!