~ 35 ~

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

Hope you all are doing good.

Sorry for the late update. I'm stuck with some work and my mom is not feeling well.

I still can't believe it's 35th chapter already.

I still remember the time when I was reluctant to update the first chapter of this book.

Thank you, guys, for your support.

Hope you guys enjoy the update.

.
.
.

Author's POV:

Maya was lost in her thoughts when Avi asked her, "Why didn't you accept his proposal when you wanted me to move on from you? Why did you reject Ankit's proposal when his family came to ask for your hand in marriage? According to you, I deserve a better person than you, right? That's the reason you distanced yourself from me all these years, even after knowing your importance in my life. Why did you wait for me if you wanted me to forget you? You have options before you, right? You could have chosen one of them, and then maybe I could have moved on. Now don't tell me that I'm a better option than all of them."

He shut his eyes in pain while saying the last line. He knows it hurts her badly, but it's needed at the moment.

Maya didn't understand what to say to him. Yes, she has rejected Rajesh because she loves Avi, but at the same time, she wants Avi to move on from her. And also, with Rajesh being around, she never got any good vibes. Her heart and mind were always on alert whenever he was around. But never in her life did she think of Avi as an option. She considers him the best thing that has happened in her life, and the time that she has spent with Avi has always been bliss. He was never an option for her, nor could he be in the future. He is her first best friend, her first crush, her love, her peace—in short, he is her everything. But she never accepted it openly until now. Now, as she listens to Avi's final question, a storm has formed in her heart.

"Do you really think you are an option for me, Avi?" Maya asked, looking at him with tears in her eyes.

"No, but it looks the same," he said, maintaining a stern face.

She held his face in between her tiny palms, made him look at her, and told him, "Keep this in your head, Avi. You were never an option for me and never could be. I have rejected Rajesh because I love you. I rejected Ankit's family proposal because I realised that I couldn't imagine anyone in your place. You don't know how much you mean to me. The memories that I spent with you were my sanity, and that made me alive in my dark life. I accept I was wrong but tell me what you would do if you were in my position."

"Okay, I believe you if you say so. And if I were in your position, I would have definitely given myself a chance to move on," he said, averting his gaze from her.