CHAPTER 28

Author's POV

They reached the place and after handing over the car to the valet, Abhi puts Reyansh in his stroller and the three of them go inside. 

They are in the elevator when Abhi looks at Meera's hair which is tied in a pony tail and frowns. He likes her hair open. Abhi removes the scrunchie and her hair falls down her shoulders in soft curls. 

"Abhi what are you doing, give my band back", Meera says reaching out for the rubber band but Abhi stretches his hand away so its out of her reach.

"But I like you hair open", he says cutely. If someone were to see Abhimanyu Malhotra now, they wouldn't recognize him. He had become a completely different person. It was a good difference. 

"Okay, but can I tie it for now?"

"Sure if you can get the rubber band", saying this he puts it around his wrist and holds his hand height so that Meera can't reach it. She put her hand on his shoulder and tries to jump up but he just lifts his hands higher preventing her from reaching it. She huffs as they reach the floor and the elevator opens. They make their ways towards the hall.

"Its not my fault that you are so short" , Abhi says teasing her. 

" I'm not short. I'm 5'7. Its not my fault that you are so huge", Meera says defending herself. It was true , Abhi was very tall, he was easily around 6'3. 

"Aww, you guys are so cute", Alia says and that is when they realize that they have been arguing in front of them the whole time. Everyone looks amused at the couple's banter.

Meera spots her dad and goes over to hug him. Surprisingly Nandini had invited her dad, Karan and Nikhil too. Karan gets up and engulfs her in a bear hug just to spite Abhi.

"Lets make you husband dearest a little jealous", he whispers in her ear and kisses the side of her head. Meera looks at Abhi and he is staring right at them drilling a hole in the back of Karan's head. If looks could kill, Karan would have been six feet underground by now.  

"Karan, stop it", she says and steps out of his grip. Abhi is holding the handle of Reyansh's stroller so tightly that his knuckles have turned white. She places her hand over his and he relaxes his grip slightly under his touch. Everyone greets them and after that Alia pulls Meera to sit beside her. Abhi is sitting across from the her. 

"You know I'm starting my residency at M&K Hospitals from next week", Alia says happily.

"That's so amazing", Meera replies

"I know, I'm so excited. Will you be my head doctor. I hope its you."

"Uh, no. I'm not taking interns this year so it will probably someone else", Meera says and Alia's face falls.

"But I was looking forward to working with you. Do you know who I'll be working under then?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know", Meera says and Alia turns towards Karan asking him about the details. The waiters bring the food out and everyone is engrossed in eating and talking. 

Abhi has been trying to get Meera's attention subtly this entire time but someone or the other is constantly talking to her. Ma has Reyansh in her lap who's playing with a rattle. 

"Remember the time Meera dyed her hair red?", Karan asks and her dad nods. Everyone turns towards them with interest. 

"Really, bhabhi you had red hair?", Aditya asks.