Can't Get You Out of My Head

This is a request from LucyLaufeyson3
Not my typical style of writing but willing to try it. Please comment to let me know how it is.

I wake up alone in bed as usual, another night full of dreams about her. I don't know why I can't break this curse. Her eyes hunt me and yet we've only met once but it is burned into my memory. I will never forget the way we danced till she was whisked away by another partner. Her name is like melted chocolate on my tongue and I still remember the perfume she had spritzed on her neck and wrists. Oh gods I better stop thinking about this before I cause a problem.

"Dreaming of that girl again?" Mother asks as she sips her morning tea. I almost choke on my breakfast as Thor laughs. "Mother?!?" I whine as tears are now streaming down Thor's face. She just shrugs and brings the tea cup back to her lips. I gather my meal and leave in a huff. I don't need to be embarrassed like this so early in the day. Give a man to time to wake up before he his humiliated please. Some time later she finds me in the library. "I'm sorry for this morning. Didn't know it would get such a rise from Thor. I shouldn't have put your business out on the table like that. Please forgive me." "Of course mother. Can we talk about it though? The girl I mean?" Without hesitation she sits down on the cushions next to me and adjusts her dress so she's comfortable. "What would you like to talk about my dear boy?" "Do you know where she is or even who she is? I only met her once at a festival but it's been so long now. I'm losing the details." I sigh, worried I'll forget about her all together one day. "You still remember her name and what she looks like right?" I nod as I picture her in her beautiful gown and her smile. "Her name was (Y/N). I got to dance with her but then another guy came and asked for a dance. I should have said no but hindsight is 20/20 I guess." "I'll see what I can find out darling. Maybe invite her to your birthday party?" Frigga teases with a wink before standing up. "Thank you. If anyone can find out it's you. I love you." "I love you more." She kisses me on the head and takes her leave. My birthday isn't for another month but that gives her time to find her.

Days go by with no word from mother. I don't want to pester her about finding (Y/N). I have faith she will, she can find out anything. I'm the God of Lies and yet she can find the truth. It's her magic I'm sure. I wanted to clear my head for awhile so I went for a ride. I've never been able to connect with people but horses, they understand me. Mounted on my horse I go deep into the Asgardian forests. Somewhere that practicing my magic won't cause too much harm. I get a few spells and illusions in before mother appears next to me. "I have news my son." She says causing me to jump. I clutch my chest as I catch my breath. "You really need to stop sneaking up on people. What's the news?" "Oh the God of Mischief can't take the taste of his own medicine?" She teases as I roll my eyes. I throw a snowball at her but when it lands on the other side of her image I realize she has only sent an illusion. "Such a silly boy. You think I would really hunt you down in these woods in this weather when I know that you're just out here riding?" "Please just tell me the news." I sigh crossing my arms. "I found her." "You did?!?" "Yes darling I've sent an invitation already. She's a Princess of Midgard so I also invited her to stay at the palace before returning home. Happy birthday my love." I quickly mount my horse and start back for home. "Where are you running off to? Thought you'd be happy." "Oh I'm ecstatic, I just want to get back home to give you a giant hug. Thank you so much mother." I laugh and she just smiles. "Well then I'll see you soon."

It doesn't take long for me to get back to the palace. It also doesn't take me long to find mother. She was in the hallway talking to some guards when I came barreling through, even made a guard stumble. "Thank you thank you thank you." I repeat as I hold on to her tight. Probably the tightest hug I've ever given. "Oh you sweet thing. You know I would do anything to make you happy. I love you so much my little ram." She giggles knowing I hate that nickname. "I'll let that side because you did this for me." I grumble as I pull away from her embrace. I notice the guards are gone but didn't hear them leave. "Uh did you teleport the guards?" "Yes. They didn't need to see our moment. Sent them to the kitchen. I'm sure they won't mind. Although chef might." She laughs as she smooths out her dress. "So it's you that I get my mischief from huh." "You're just now figuring that out?" She looks at me wondering if it really is the first time I'm putting two and two together. I just roll my eyes and sigh before offering her my arm. "Now that we have the guest list settled let's talk about the actual party." She hums as we both leisurely walk to the kitchen to fetch the displaced guards.